Debate Homosexuality / Equal Marriage (Poll & Debate)

What's your stance on Homosexuality & Gay/Lesbian Marriage?

• I believe homosexuality is okay, and gay marriage isn't a sin.

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • I believe homosexuality is okay, but gay marriage is a sin.

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

Khaos

where the wild things are
If you're going to quote me, make sure you quote exactly what I say and not what you think I said. Also your post makes no sense there Earthy.

maddox

it is hard for me to understand why people who are not gay feel they have more knowledge of what it is to be gay, whether it's a choice or not, than actual gay people. it would be weird to tell someone from a country you've never been to what the country is like. the opinion given would be objectively invalid, regardless of how thought out or sincere it might be. i've never heard a right handed person tell a left handed person that they know better what it's like to struggle to open a can or use scissors. so why is this area one where those who are outside the experience are somehow the experts?

i also have trouble comprehending why people need to control the lives of others, as it seems very clearly unethical to me. this i say specifically in regards to churches. it seems that if we're looking to nature to decide what's "natural" and what isn't, participating in organized religion would be the less natural behavior? however i do believe that everyone has the right to live how they wish so long as they aren't harming anyone else, so really what i want to know is, why is it that not everyone feels the same way? ((and on the subject, why this very specific attachment to what's natural? flying in planes isn't natural... government isn't natural...))

my only idea is the anger stems from people believing they need to follow a set of rules (eg pretending to be straight when perhaps they're actually bisexual or some such) and doing so at the expense of their personal happiness. they feel rage stemming from jealousy when they see others who don't live by the same rules of living. kind of a "what makes you so special" mentality, which is really a lot like an animal in an open cage jealously watching another run free. you don't have to live by the rules you think you do. i can't imagine why one would care about other people doing something unless one wanted said thing for oneself.

(those who believe in sin need not attempt to give me answers as this belief system doesn't fit into what i personally know to be true for me, unless you are going all out and not wearing mixed fabrics and all the other stuff and are living an enlightened experience - in this case i would indeed like to hear your take on the matter. it seems very obvious that those who pick and choose which parts of their religion they believe don't actually participate in said religion. instead they use it as an excuse to force their beliefs on other people, or to exert control over others, or to perhaps find a sense of self worth in devaluing the worth of others. i cannot comprehend this mindset and do not wish to put energy into debating it.)

Last edited:

TimeFlipper

Welcome to Paranormalis...I think you will find that people in general will prefer to call members of Paranormalis Nuts, other than denigrate gay people...You will be very safe with us maddox, i assure you of that (y):D