ICP "Miracles"

Keroscene

ICP "Miracles"

This video is disturbing to me for a number of reasons. The thing that gets me the most about it is the embrace of ignorance and no attempt to understand some of the things they call "miracles". There are other symbolic meanings in it, the tower shooting towards space reminds me of the tower of babel for one. I'm not sure exactly what the message is in the video, what is ICP's definition of a "miracle". In fact it's the only ICP video I've ever bothered paying attention to. Should I even bother trying to take this seriously?

In the video he says "magnets...how do they work?"(with an incredibly stupid line about scientists afterwards) implying magnets are a miracle. I watched an interview with Feynman recently where someone asked hima similar question. How does a magnet work? He gave a really good job at explaining how a simple question can have an incredibly complex answer if you're not familiar with the foundation.. Here's the video and we can see how something can easily be considered a "miracle" if one doesn't understand the explanation. Just dismiss the explanation and consider it a miracle. Feynman is my hero. I love this guys lectures.

Keroscene

Re: ICP "Miracles"

Saturday Night Live did a parody.

StarLord

I can see going on about the magic of the universe and how it may not have been just an accident.

They were doing so so,

until the all the Mo Fo,

hit me intoto.

Sucks to be you if it's cussing you're forced to do

Just to catch an audience.

Keroscene

I'll agree there's awe inspiring things in the universe, even in the grand scheme of things, but I wouldn't say every instance is miraculous. I feel like the video is encouraging people to just take things as they are, call it a miracle, and not bother investigating why they are that way. Almost in a religious sense. I thought the tower shooting towards the sky had a big religious message.

Yeah, the swearing is a little out of place in this video. I wouldn't say that's their primary gimmick though, obviously with the face paint and all. They're raunchy, but they're not Andrew Dice Clay raunchy. Their fans are pretty devoted and I don't know if they're going to win any over or keep any with the obscenities in this video, but it does make one wonder why it's even there. Swearing was expected with these clowns so I never really paid attention to that before you mentioned it. You found the swearing to be the most upsetting thing about it?