Increased The Forum's Security Level

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Hey folks!

This is just a quick notice, to let you know that this morning, I increased the site's security. Apparently, the forum has been down for some time, earlier today because of a DDOS attack. I went ahead and increased our "security level" to prevent such attacks to occur. It did the tricks instantly.

So, don't be alarmed if you see this kind of splash page once in a while when you land on the forum:

1677957272058.png

It's simply a checkup to make sure you're not a robot or anything weird that might attempt to harm the site. It lasts between 2 and 5 seconds tops, and shouldn't happen twice in your current browsing session.

It makes your browsing experience on Paranormalis even more secure, and it will stop most robots and malicious visitors that weren't blocked already.

As usual, should you have any questions related to this, feel free to reply to this thread. :)

See ya!

--Num7

Wind7

Staff
I was wondering what was going on when it flashed all white,
thought it was a malware attack unto itself!

I had just switched over to my Chromebook. 🧐

Khaos

where the wild things are
Its giving me browsing issues

- When attempting to post it will sometimes say "Oops there was an error!"
- It seems to like to hound me just about everywhere I go on the site and even brings up a captcha asking if I am human
- Sometimes I get a "Blocked Access" page

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I just experienced a browser issue too. I was composing a PM and when I tried to post it I got an error message. I tried opening another browser window and the problem went away. It seems as if there is a time window of inactivity that triggers it.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Okay, I decreased the security level by a notch, you guys shouldn't get checked as much. I've experienced that issue a couple of times too, so you're not the only ones.

Should be fixed as of now.

I will probably also fix what @PoisonApple experienced with Duck Duck Go.