Involving Children in Politics

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I think this is SO wrong.

My neighbor unfriended me on Facebook and now won't let her son play with my son because I voted for someone she doesn't like. Our sons are best friends. Yesterday, my kids went outside and his brother brought him in. It's so sad that she has to take out her anger on the children.

I post some politics on Facebook, but it's private. I also don't talk about it in "real life". FB is my outlet and MOST people know that about me, so MOST rational family/friends just pass over anything I post that doesn't interest them.

This is only a guess, though. She never told me why she is mad. It could have something to do with my fight with the school, too. She volunteers at the school and is a general kiss ass. School can do no wrong to her. Again. Politics. Why involve the children in this?

Wouldn't the adult thing be to talk to me about what's bothering her so we could work it out?

Why punish the children?

TnWatchdog

Your neighbor appears to be childish. Whatever the reason, concerning her apparent anger, should not involve her son. She is a kool-aid drinker who treats her child as a pawn...pathetic.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Your neighbor appears to be childish. Whatever the reason, concerning her apparent anger, should not involve her son. She is a kool-aid drinker who treats her child as a pawn...pathetic.

She's teaching her son to be intolerant of other peoples' beliefts. I never once brought an ounce of our adult problems to any of the kids, so not letting them play together is horrible. They can easily play outside. It's really no big deal. Agree to disagree and move on.