ISON: The comet that could outshine the MOON in 2013

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Comet ISON to be visible to the naked eye by November 2013 in the Northen Hemisphere. It could be brighter than any comet of the past century and may even be visible in DAYLIGHT. Discovered by Russian astronomers, ISON is thought to originate from the Oort Cloud and may end up crashing into the Sun.

article-0-153AC3BE000005DC-974_634x389.jpg

Astronomers around the world are tracking with eager anticipation the arrival of a comet next year which could even outshine our Moon in the night sky.

Comet ISON is expected to draw millions into the dark to witness what is likely to be the most brilliant comet seen in many generations.

It is visiting the inner solar system for what is thought to be the first time and is set to put on spectacular views for the Northern Hemisphere across November and December as it heads towards the sun.

Full article:
The comet that could outshine the MOON: Sky-gazers anticipating 'unaided eye' object which could be the brightest for generations | Mail Online

ZeoEmeraude

Sounds cool! I saw Haley's Comet when I was a kid. It'll be neat to see another. I'll film this one if it is indeed going to be that spectacular.

TnWatchdog

Out shine the moon...that will very interesting, for sure. It will be something to look forward to. It reminds me of the 1984 flick, "The Night of the Comet" I would say it is a "B" movie...but I like the cars and women's hair styles from the early 80's. lol