January 2012 Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Happy new year!

With 2012 comes a nice amount of new features I've been excited about for quite a while now. I spent most of last night upgrading Paranormalis to Xenforo 1.1.1. Although this baby was released a pretty long time ago, I didn't upgrade the forum because our current theme wasn't compatible with the new release yet. Here are the new features:

Thread prefixes:
We are not able to create new topics with specific prefixes. I only created 2 prefixes, but I'll add more as soon as we feel the need to. Here is an example of thread prefixes:​
debate.PNGhoax.PNG
You guys are able to use the Debate or the Debunking prefixes in order to create debate or debunking topics. In light of this new feature, I updated the forum rules a little bit. That way, the debate/debunk topics can be found very easily and can be made obvious when created. As you may see above, there's another prefix. The Confirmed Hoax prefix is meant to tag those topics we had a valid and obvious confirmation that the poster is a hoaxer. I didn't check all the site's 3000 topics, so if you guys stumble upon a recent topic that needs to be tagged as a confirmed hoax, let me know.​

Ignore feature:
Sometimes it's great to ignore someone right? Yup, now you can add users to your ignore list. That way, you won't see the messages he/she posts on the site, making things as if the concerned member wasn't even there. I was asked about this many, many times over the last year. We have it now!​
ignore.PNG
Take a look at the above image. If I click Ignore, I won't be able to see any message Peregrini posts in the forum. He may quote a post I've made, he may post new topics, etc etc. I won't see him. That's the Ignore feature.​

User Warnings:
That won't change a thing for most, if not all of you guys. With user warnings, I'm able to keep track of who I come to warn over time and easily spot the trouble makers around here. As you know, I'm not the posting police so don't worry. ;)

Notices:

Whenever something worth your attention is going on, you'll know it, thanks to the new notice system. Notices always appear on top of the page and you may close them by clicking the X that appears in the notice's top right corner once you put your mouse cursor over the grey box.​
notice.PNG
That's it for the new features. Most other things are under the hood updates. The attachment uploader has been updated and the way Xenforo handles images and icons have been optimized. Basically, you won't notice much changes from this update.

More to come:

I'm going to focus more attention on bringing more activity to the forum in 2012. We already have a decent number of posts everyday but we can't sit there and expect the site to magically grow. I'll work behind the scene to bring in more activity, make people post and have more new active members. I'll post something about it later on.

Thank you for being a part of Paranormalis. Happy new year!

Sincerly,

--Numenorean7
http://paranormalis.com

:)OK, now that there are some concrete plans, goals, etc, out there, which is more than the White House can say about where they are going, :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: with this country, I have been around this animal called the Inter-Net for quite a while and have seen oe been a members of as many "paranormal sites" as I could safely handle and this one has few if any peers. I think change can be good, new topics, the way it is structured, though I admit I know zip about computers, to simply be receptive to members comments, no I don't mean let the members run everything but it is good for "our" egos to hear "what do you think about thus and so"? I think whoever is doing the changes/additions/deleations etc., has done well in the past and short of tossing me out, I'll support just about anything that is offered up as something to try.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Thank you guys for the positive feedback, I appreciate it! :) I'm glad you enjoy the forum as much as I do!

Status
Not open for further replies.