Japanese culture

vivian

Japanese culture

Japanese culture had and probably still has a big Samurai element. That's why Japanese government did not kill its own civilians but only kill people in other countries. This is exactly the real danger. When a country only kills foreigners, such a country usually ends up in fascist actions like Japan and Germany.

This is why many people in the world do not like the mixture of Samurais and Yasukuni. Those Japanese politicians are very reluctant to forfeit this "weapon". Japan's revisions of history reflects this. However, Japan's recent actions really did nothing good for Japan. Surprisingly, there are many non-Japanese defenders for these right-wingers.

vivian

To have a healthy discussion

The risk of discussing atrocities in the past is that people try to minimize the damages. To have a healthy discussion, I suggest we should start from Japan's aggression history 101. At least from Meiji Restoration. Then, people like Ossan, a Japanese expert, will understand why tens of millions of people in Asia and other parts of the world reacted in the way they could not comprehended.

survivalist

Re: Japanese culture

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"vivian\")</div>
The risk of discussing atrocities in the past is that people try to minimize the damages. To have a healthy discussion, I suggest we should start from Japan's aggression history 101. At least from Meiji Restoration. Then, people like Ossan, a Japanese expert, will understand why tens of millions of people in Asia and other parts of the world reacted in the way they could not comprehended.[/b]

I respect their belief system, it seems to temper the dis-honest and pushes a good ethic onto the people. Most 'Eastern Based' Countries do seem to have this trait. I recently went to Thailand and the people are as sound as you'll ever meet, they just don't get the concept of some of the petty bickering that goes on over here. Though I think greed has slipped in in a couple of places, at least it is not rampant as over here, who actually delivers a service nowadays, just high charges and cutbacks !

Probably as we live like rats, caged up in close proximity our behaviour changes also. Large cities are the obvious target for this. Though ,at least, working in a big city one can definitely get the feel for the buzz of the place, most likely the Rat Race itself !

What we have to ask ourselves is 'would a country, like Japan, allow itself to attack another Country without provocation, I sincerely doubt it. The EU would object why would they want to ruin all that juicy trade ? Is looking like they may even have to get along with China soon if they keep going at the rate they are.

I read a thread on getting out of debt and the value of gold on the timetravelforum.net yesterday, scarily it seemed to make a lot of sense, cya USA, give us a bell in a couple of decades, we'll go out for beers :(

I'm not sure what you mean by the 'way they reacted' am not up to date with my Japanese History, sorry. From what I see their attitude to death is vastly different from the 'accepted' version over here. Personally I don't buy into it, dead is dead, celebrate their life then move on. Is not healthy to have stones like that hanging around your neck !

And let's be honest, if we go back in short increments of time we find plenty of our and everyone else's atrocities, they are still going on today ! We are barely yet out of the caves, still arguing over resource and territory, is pathetic really.