john titor theory

b7ng

i believe that john titor has still never gotten back to his own world line. let’s say john titor‘s time machine broke, he thought he was trapped so he decided to try to build a makeshift time machine using the ibm5100. i believe something went wrong and he accidentally created a series of paradoxes in the world lines he enters. i believe he uses these paradoxes that only he can see with the naked eye because of his change in molecules.

HikuTechy

Maybe you didn't quite get what Titor wrote. Most people don't seemingly get it.

In a way you're right (if what Titor wrote is accurate), in that he wont go back to "his own" original world line. That's simply the way the temporal displacement works (supposedly). Titor will get to a line that's as close to the original as to be indistinguishable from it (which should be close enough), while supposedly another Titor (close enough to be indistinguishable from the original) arrives on the actual original line. As described you could envision it like a hall of mirrors (two mirrors facing each other) with Titor being able to go into the room in the mirror while another Titor does the same behind him (to infinity).

The machine is probably built well enough that it can endure the trips he needed to make. He did write there were redundancies (as far as I can remember). The IBM was a part of a mission and its usefulness was mainly as a translator between certain languages (which most people may not be very familiar with) its main purpose being to be used for interacting with old mainframe computers or similar (which are still possibly used in certain applications). Its unlikely to be used for making a makeshift time machine, but might be useful for time machine computer interactions.

Titor stated very clearly that he was not making paradoxes any more than you or I are. Nothing you do on another world line can affect your own (from the experiments and experiences they supposedly had in the future they must have figured this out). Sure there might be exceptions to this but Titor wouldn't have been aware of that. He wasn't a magician, he was more like a pilot (if the story has truth to it that is) and he was on a mission. He wouldn't be concerned with side effects if there were any and would probably find it to be as odd if there be unintentional consequences as if someone told you that your cell phone were damaging your body. It may well be true that there might be side effects but we just don't know while using these things in early stages of such technology.

I have a wild theory of my own. Titor wrote that there be natural wormholes (supposedly through which people could potentially get between worldlines). What if certain electromagnetic effects in certain arrangements (possibly because of certain environmental structures) might be creating wormholes or similar in some locations that meet the specific conditions?

People could be accidentally entering wormholes of sorts without even realizing. That might explain some things like time slips or mandela effects.

Samstwitch

The IBM 5100 Computer that John came to retrieve had nothing to do with Time Travel aside from the fact that Time Travel was needed to retrieve it. The 5100 was needed to fix an upcoming UNIX problem in 2038 that will be similar to the Y2K problem. You can read about it here: Year 2038 problem - Wikipedia

Last edited:

Art

i believe that john titor has still never gotten back to his own world line. let’s say john titor‘s time machine broke, he thought he was trapped so he decided to try to build a makeshift time machine using the ibm5100. i believe something went wrong and he accidentally created a series of paradoxes in the world lines he enters. i believe he uses these paradoxes that only he can see with the naked eye because of his change in molecules.
Yes, after that he triying to make a loop to meet himself to try to convince himself to not time travel. But i cannot convince himself, so he decide to erase his own timeline with a back to.past jump, and to destroy the machine to not make a stupid time travel. But suddently a 3th himself appear and destroy the machine insyead of the 2th himself. So it is a double paradoxe, who and why the 3th himself come ?.
He simply come from the 2th timeline with a destroying unit. But 4th himself have discover that a 5th himself need to come back, because the non destruction of the machine made by the 6th himself have cause a triplex timeline failure

A cross 4 timeline appear cleary after the 7th himself destroy the non destroy but already destroy time unit machine.

Elementary timeline database can be actually a reprensentation of simple timeline

huge_erd.jpg
It is why Sql exist to clarify timeline and relationship between them