LF3 radio broadcast in Derbyshire

mullac998

Due to the cynicism, I'm posting NO MORE on this matter other than to say, I came across the lorry yesterday in a run down church in Carlton Road Derby. It was late in the evening and I seen the same old men in lab coats heading into the church. A local resident said, they're supposedly members of a amateur radio club. But said where's the aerial and why is it they're never seen with radio equipment either. They're seen with boys but never radio equipment. But they apparently do a lot of work for charity. No doubt to gain public sympathy when they get caught out by the authorities and their case comes up.

TimeFlipper

Anyways, he obviously wants to maintain his spoofery just like Lord Haw Haw did, and i believe Num7 really enjoys reading stories from this type of genre....Ok so i will ask him, how did he know it was a seven and a half ton lorry? and i anxiously await the reply (y) :LOL:
Why me again?
I wasnt talking about you when i mentioned the seven and a half ton lorry, it was mullac who i was asking the question to, sorry for the confusion mate and blame my bad sentence construction :eek: :D

Last edited:

TimeFlipper

@JustMe Im quitting this thread and i can only suggest that you do the same...Its just a re-run of the Lord Haw Haw stupidity and frankly im certain that most of our other members who contributed to that are not interested anymore in spoofery...Catch you on another topic mate..cheers (y) :D

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
I am also a USA licensed amateur radio operator. I'm very surprised no one has mentioned the Morse code as to how fast the words were per minute or the accuracy of the transmission. This would do two things: it could indicate the operators proficiency with Morse code or if they were using a Morris code decoder then the first question goes out the window. Any time traveler trying to use Morse code probably proceed be perceived as an idiot. Morse code is no longer a requirement for a ham radio license in the United States and hasn't been for a long time. Every year that passes less people would be able to interpret Morse code because it is a dying art at least in the USA most newly licensed people are not learning Morse code as did the older amateur radio operators did when it was required to pass a minimum of five words per minute which is no longer the case. Timeflipper 73 "in Morse code' :):):)

TimeFlipper

In the UK all radio amateurs had to be capable of transmitting and receiving Morse Code at a minimum speed of 12 words per minute..There was a change in 1991 when a Class B licence was issued for which no Morse Code test was needed but, the operator was restricted to the VHF bands up from 30Mhz and with a maximum power output of 10 Watts...needless to say there was still a theoretical test to pass before a license was issued...Would you believe this Prof, in 2007 not even a Radio Amateur Logbook was required anymore!..:eek: :D 73s and 88s to you and your family my friend :)

Last edited: