Magic Puzzle Quest: Match-3 Meets Magic the Gathering

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I've been playing this game on my phone while watching TV for a little while now.

1708637880744.png

Ever wondered what happens when you mash up a match-three puzzle with Magic: The Gathering? You get Magic Puzzle Quest!

Basically, Magic Puzzle Quest takes the match-three puzzle game formula and brings it to the next level. Players use their match-3 puzzle skills to gather mana, which in turn powers up spells and creature summons from their deck. It's like playing Candy Crush and MTG at the same time.

Building your deck is important. Aggressive or defensive, sneaky or straightforward. Build your own strategy and unleash it in-game.

Despite its depth, the game remains surprisingly accessible and casual. It's easy to pick up, with a difficulty curve that's more of a gentle slope. It's cool and doesn't feel grindy at all. When taking part in events, you get to play against other player's decks, not the actual player. The AI plays its deck. So you can play at your own pace and there's zero ladder pressure.

Magic Puzzle Quest stands out to me, by being both casual and engaging. More engaging than Candy Crush, for instance. I also like card games a lot, so mixing these 2 types of games together really works IMO.

Feel free to check it out and suggest other similar games.

Have fun!