Man discovers wormhole - time travel?

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
I believe there is a 50-50 chance the story could be true. I have heard of other stories that somewhat parallel the story about a wormhole to other dimensions. Either way true or false it's a very interesting story.

I'm very confused about the comment of gravity. I don't believe there is a factor of difference in gravity when planet's are of similar size. If you have a Jupiter size planet and a Venus size planet, you would definitely have a higher and lower gravity pull at the surface of the planet the difference between Venus and Jupiter could easily be 4 to 1 or more. The gravity of Earth as compared to the gravity on the moon are different. On Earth a man can jump maybe 3 feet into the air and on the moon probably 6 feet into the air, with the same effort. Because the moon is less gravity than planet Earth. I completely dismiss the above comments as a incorrect assumptions.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I believe there is a 50-50 chance the story could be true. I have heard of other stories that somewhat parallel the story about a wormhole to other dimensions. Either way true or false it's a very interesting story.

I'm very confused about the comment of gravity. I don't believe there is a factor of difference in gravity when planet's are of similar size. If you have a Jupiter size planet and a Venus size planet, you would definitely have a higher and lower gravity pull at the surface of the planet the difference between Venus and Jupiter could easily be 4 to 1 or more. The gravity of Earth as compared to the gravity on the moon are different. On Earth a man can jump maybe 3 feet into the air and on the moon probably 6 feet into the air, with the same effort. Because the moon is less gravity than planet Earth. I completely dismiss the above comments as a incorrect assumptions.

Hi Opmmur

The astronomers posted some information about the discovery of a planet they call Kepler 22b. The planetary system has a sun very similar to our own. A planet orbiting that sun was observed to be around the same distance from its sun as we are from our sun. The orbital period is 290 days and the diameter is 2.5 times that of earth. Here is a link:

Kepler-22b - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
Hi Einstein,

Every day I try to learn something new. Thank you for the information in Kepler 22b. If it is 2.5 times larger than the Earth you would actually notice the extra gravity when you jump or walk. With this in mind, I would tend to think the above story is a hoax. I was under the assumption that both Earth and Kepler 22b were twins in size and similar atmospheres. This is obviously not the case. Great story, to bad it is not true.

PamelaM

It does make you wonder if there are any "gateways" from other universes attached to Earth from long ago. Kind of weird hiding a gateway in a refridgerater. Imagine waking up in the middle of the night and going downstairs to have a late night snack and....sleepily you open the wrong fridge! lol

Himalayan Hermit

There are so many secrets of Universe and Nature humans will never understand and it probably is designed to be that way. Reminds me of a line from the great movie K PAX, when Kevin Spacey says "If I told you how I travel through light, you will blow yourselves up".

sulekha

Either your link is bad or the website has been shut down :)
When I search for the article title, this comes up but no relevance to any man travelling to the discovered planet:
NASA finds new planet Kepler 22b outside solar system with temperature right for life - The Washington Post

EDIT: Did some more research and all traces of this domain + his blog have been shut down or are unreachable. WEIRD!! This is the registry info for the domain:

Domain name: GATEWAYTOKEPLER.COM
Registrant Contact:
WhoisGuard
WhoisGuard Protected ()
Fax:
11400 W. Olympic Blvd. Suite 200
Los Angeles, CA 90064
US
Administrative Contact:
WhoisGuard
WhoisGuard Protected ([email protected])
+1.6613102107
Fax: +1.6613102107
Los Angeles, CA 90064
US
Technical Contact:
WhoisGuard
WhoisGuard Protected ([email protected])
+1.6613102107
Fax: +1.6613102107
Los Angeles, CA 90064
US
Name Servers:
ns01.000webhost.com
ns02.000webhost.com
Creation date: 16 May 2012 06:13:00
Expiration date: 15 May 2013 22:13:00

I got the follwing results by doing whois lookup .

WHOIS Server: whois.enom.com
Domain name: gatewaytokepler.com
Registrant Contact:

Reactivation Period ()

Fax:
15801 NE 24th Street
Bellevue, WA 98004
US
Administrative Contact:

Reactivation Period ([email protected])
+1.4252744500
Fax: +1.4259744791
15801 NE 24th Street
Bellevue, WA 98004
US
Technical Contact:

Reactivation Period ([email protected])
+1.4252744500
Fax: +1.4259744791
15801 NE 24th Street
Bellevue, WA 98004
US
Name Servers:
dns1.name-services.com
dns2.name-services.com
dns3.name-services.com
dns4.name-services.com
dns5.name-services.com

Creation date: 16 May 2012 06:13:00
Expiration date: 16 May 2013 05:13:54

I got this info from Whoisxy.com

tomrat

Hi Einstein,

Every day I try to learn something new. Thank you for the information in Kepler 22b. If it is 2.5 times larger than the Earth you would actually notice the extra gravity when you jump or walk. With this in mind, I would tend to think the above story is a hoax. I was under the assumption that both Earth and Kepler 22b were twins in size and similar atmospheres. This is obviously not the case. Great story, to bad it is not true.

i know this is a pretty old thread....but how can you link the size of a planet to its gravity?...help me out her please...

as far as my wisdom goes (but who says im a wiseguy X_x) it depends on the mass of the planet not the size...
if we talk about surface gravity i always thought that there are gravity anomalies like on earth for example gravitational acceleration, height or flattness of surface do change gravity pull... what gives us a range between 9.7 and 9.8 m/s (numbers rounded so dont nag me on that). that would be the reason why they want to launch spacecrafts from the equator so they have to overcome lesser gravity pull.
enlighten me with your thoughts please
greets tomrat