Mandatory Gun Ownership in GA town

TimeTravel_00

Ga. Town Makes Guns Mandatory - ... except for people who object

Newser – As lawmakers in Connecticut unveiled tough new gun control measures, a small city in northern Georgia was speeding in the opposite direction. The Family Protection Ordinance that was approved unanimously by the city council in Nelson, population 1,300, makes gun ownership mandatory for all heads of household, the AP reports. The ordinance, however, makes exemptions for convicted felons, people with certain disabilities—and anybody who objects to gun ownership.
The councilman who sponsored the measure says he believes it will make the city safer, even with the exemptions. "I likened it to a security sign that people put up in their front yards. Some people have security systems, some people don't, but they put those signs up," he says. "I really felt like this ordinance was a security sign for our city. Basically it was a deterrent ordinance to tell potential criminals they might want to go on down the road a little bit." According to the council's agenda, the ordinance is also a move to block "any future attempt by the federal government to confiscate personal firearms."
927677-6-20130402040229.jpegNelson_GA.gif
"Tell them Yankees to stay off my property and get the hell out of my congress!"

TnWatchdog

I think this would be a great idea for all communities to do and then have a sign at the city limits, like the neighborhood watch signs, making the crooks think twice. Remember keep your guns...never give them up. How many movies have you seen where the guy without the gun gets robbed, killed, or both?

TimeTravel_00

It's not so easy when the alternative is a shoot out with law enforcement. We need more common sense laws just like this.

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
I real like the Great Gun Idea!

I also think it would be Great to start new town, based on the same Gun Laws and Ideas.

Any members want to help start a new town?

I think this would be a great idea for all communities to do and then have a sign at the city limits, like the neighborhood watch signs, making the crooks think twice. Remember keep your guns...never give them up. How many movies have you seen where the guy without the gun gets robbed, killed, or both?

TimeTravel_00

There is actually a planned community themed such in the Pacific Northwest. Nobody wants to pay for it. We would have more luck just encouraging legislation mirroring this in Texas and Florida.

TnWatchdog

I also think it would be Great to start new town, based on the same Gun Laws and Ideas.

A new town would be great but people are people, some are leaders, while others follow. Some would think they are doing more, are more important, and thus should have more power...and you know the rest of the story. Hey opmmur, you should set up a new thread on your idea...I think it would be interesting for all members!

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor

This was really a LOL Idea for me when I first read it.

TnWatchdog

Count me in!
Maybe we could or should come up with a couple meeting places...just for the hell of it. Like the WD show, people need hope...maybe we should post something...as you never know. A back up place...I am saying if all hope is lost we have something to move towards...look forward to...a goal. If something were to happen, having hope would be worth more than gold!