Marijuana

Keroscene

Re: Marijuana

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"TheHeggy\")</div>
I don't see any difference between pot and cigarettes or alcohol. As long as there's laws made for it like there are for the other two \"grown up\" things, I don't see a problem with it.[/b]

I would say the intoxicating effects of alcohol are far greater than marijuana or cigarettes. Why cops don't sit at bars is beyond me, call it entrapment but I bet there would be fewer alcohol related traffic fatalities.(as if I never drove drunk before at 420) I suppose they could legalize marijuana too, but then it may truly be a gateway drug. It is already difficult enough to try and explain why alcohol and tobacco are still legal drugs to children when you're telling them why not to smoke pcp.

electricsheep

If you think about it, people want what they cannot have. If you are 16 and you can't drink, more than likely you will but once u are 21, or 18 in most countries, you tend not to do it AS much because u are now able to. i cant say the same for smoking cigs though lol. to be honest i think the government is behind getting more drugs in this country than people realize. and if something is illegal it can be more expensive, therefore they make more money from it. if it were legal, people could grow it and prices would probably go down. that is just my opinion though, i might be wrong.

thenumbersix

Prolonged abuse does lead to mental health problems, often the flip side of the passiveness is a tendency to lash out, usually this is done in private. Paranoia doesn't allow them to be public about it, another strong emotion caused by the use. There are very few benefits to it and most are to be had in the very early days of use.

If you must, try it then leave it before you get tied into the whole pot smokers way of life, before you know it ten years will have past and you'll still be laughing about sitting round your friends mums house owning nothing more than the clothes on your back and the teenth in your hand....

It will and should stay illegal, legalise that you might as well go full bore and take control of the whole industry, would be hypocritical not to. Plus, it is another tool for them to lock away 'them damn long haired layabout dissenters' !

electricsheep

Don't you think you are being a little harsh, thenumbersix? Marijuana is proven to help people, as well. Weed has its good sides and its bad. I will say, Usually, smoking marijuana doesn't cause the person to have nothing, the person that has nothing usually smokes marijuana. I'm not saying many don't spend a lot of money on it, because it does require a lot; you sound like you're talking about crack when you talk about it, though. But, I don't mind you thinking it shouldn't be legalized, because it probably won't be, so you can eventually laugh in everyone's faces lol. Do remember, prescription drugs are just as bad as any drug, addictive and bad for you. anyway, everyone have a nice day and take care of yourselves :).

ps. i respect any, and everyone's opinion, so i hope i don't sound rude. I'm not trying to argue! :)

StarLord

They only real down sid that I know of is that it put holes in your Aura. Very much like swiss cheese kinds of holes. Having holes in your Aura is not a desireable condition imho.

thenumbersix

electricsheep,

I agree it certainly has it's benefits and they should be made use of. I still smoke it occassionaly and keep it in moderation. Am going to Glastonbury early tomorrow (today) morning, you can be sure that I may partake.

It is extreme cases that lead to the things I've said above, most people get to about late 20's / 30s and realise they need to sort their shit out, smoking pot will only hinder that process. The few that can't take that 6 month to a year break and smoke on into their 40s and so on are the ones that suffer, in my opinion.

If one allows the THC to become a natural part of the blood level it will lead to apathy. A joint in the morning, eh.. day gone, ah well, fukin roll another ;)

I really don't want to laugh in anyones face, this is my opinion erring to the side of caution, have been warned before about being too open when taling about drugs, is a tricky subject on forums, even though under 13s shouldn't be here. I definitely agree that prescription drugs are much worse, anti-depresants of all kinds are highly addictive and cause way worse side effects than many 'illegal' drugs.

Have seen crack heads and the effects of brown on people I know from living in a small town, they used to go to the same pubs etc.. Mostly they live on a matress in a bare room and they don't seem like they want to stop any time soon...One guy has escaped it out of at least 20 people and he is quite possibly an exceptional person.

As with smoking, taking a drug makes you, for the rest of your life, 'aware' of the effects, once experienced something can not be forgotten. The only cure is will power alone yet it stays with you until your death bed, a good enough reason for me to keep a fairly low ceiling on my breadth of intake.

The same, I respect your opinion, you would only sound rude if I took it that way, if I did I would be asking myself some questions :D

btw, hi...

Starlord, Have heard mention of the holes in Auras before, what do you think it means, aside from probably bad stuff...