McDonald's placing holiday bet on McRib

TnWatchdog

My favorite sandwich from Mc Ds.
I CAN'T WAIT...I WANT IT NOW!
My rant is now over. I will be waiting and may be the first one thru the door in December.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I guess I'll have to try it this time. I always plan give it a try, but I never actually do it.

As a side note, for those of you who checked out Tennesse's list of overseas menu, they do list the Poutine in there. I want to precise that McDonald's poutine is not too great compared to other poutines you'll find in almost any other restaurant around.

India's paneer cheese wrap look pretty decent to be honest. I like wraps.

What about a smoked-meat sandwich? I'm wondering if people would like it.

ZeoEmeraude

The McRib is an ok sandwich. I's not by far my favorite...but it could be better. Now, slap five or six pieces of quality bacon on that thing and it might make me salivate...a little. My current favorite sandwich is the Memphis BBQ Six Dollar Thickburger at Hardees. Eat that and the McRib will become a distant memory.

TnWatchdog

The McRib is an ok sandwich. I's not by far my favorite...but it could be better. Now, slap five or six pieces of quality bacon on that thing and it might make me salivate...a little. My current favorite sandwich is the Memphis BBQ Six Dollar Thickburger at Hardees. Eat that and the McRib will become a distant memory.
I had the Memphis BBQ today and I do have a problem with the experience...I wish I had ordered two. You are right about the sandwich, very good, for sure. (Did you order the chicken/bacon taco at Hardees? Saw it advertised while I was there.) Mc Rib is still my favorite of the Mc D's gut bombs but it is not in the same class as the Memphis BBQ. My favorite burgers come from #1 Culvers and #2 Steak & Shake. I wish I could get some of that Poutine, Num talked about, instead of these regular fries...What a pisser! Some people got it made.

TnWatchdog

I guess I'll have to try it this time. I always plan give it a try, but I never actually do it.

As a side note, for those of you who checked out Tennesse's list of overseas menu, they do list the Poutine in there. I want to precise that McDonald's poutine is not too great compared to other poutines you'll find in almost any other restaurant around.

India's paneer cheese wrap look pretty decent to be honest. I like wraps.

What about a smoked-meat sandwich? I'm wondering if people would like it.
I saw a travel show the other day about a family's vacation to Quebec. They all sat down to Poutine, which I had never heard of before this post. It looked great being made with homemade fries, then some type of cheese, and covered with brown gravy. I also noticed some peas in it, which added color in addition to taste. The kids looked like they had a cut up corn dog in their Poutine. Anyway...I am going to cook some up! I wonder if mushrooms would be something to add.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Yeah, mushrooms are very good in a poutine. You can even add pepperoni with the mushrooms to create an all dressed poutine. Onions, pepper are great too.

Possibilities are endless, like with a pizza :) This thread makes me hungry!

Num7

Administrator
Staff
For the record, even though I said in 2012 that I'd try the McRib, I still haven't tried it as of 2023.

I can't make you a promise or anything, but... I'll try it next time they make it available where I am! I'll try really hard!