My Ghost story

Justinian

I hope that isn't taken as plagerism off that show.. Anyways, I'll spare the other stories I've written in another thread about my experience at a seance. But I'll write this time on my time, my SHORT time living in a haunted house.

A friend of mine's grandfather owned several rental properties. He had one in the small town we lived that was 4 houses down from his. But nobody ever rented it. So after we all graduated high school, his grandfather offered the house to us free of charge, we just needed to buy our own food, and he paid the utility bills. It was a sweet deal. 4, 18 yr old boys living in our own house. Well one night it was just two of us watching a movie through the Playstation on the tv.. and I noticed a headlight in the window. Only I didn't hear any cars. (Note: house was right on the main road through town, but maybe 20 cars / day went through this town, if that.) So I look over and didn't see or hear anything. So I go back to watching the movie.. about 2 minutes later I notice the light again, only this time I caught a little more out of my peripheral vision. This thing was almost like it was behind the curtain, not coming from outside like a car light would. So I jerk my head really fast in that direction and again nothing. This point my friend looks at me and says.. "What are you doing?" So I tell him I thought I saw a light but it was weird cause it looked like it was coming from behind the curtain not from outside. And he doesn't even seem phased, he's just watching tv still. Then he looks at me and he says.. "Look, I didn't want to tell you guys this cause I didn't think you'd move in if I did." I'm just shocked now.. And he goes on to explain that his grandfather can't rent the damn house cause it's haunted. And that the light was probably just the ghost coming down to check me out. And that it mostly hangs out upstairs or in the attic. TALK about a shocker.. I'm like.. WTF do you mean the F***ing house is haunted?!?!?!?! And he just really calmly just goes back to watching the movie, and tells me not to worry about it. So, over time we got used to the thing.. Never really much happening. usually just upstairs it would walk around in circles in one of the rooms, but loud enough for us to hear. I mean we'd have parties of 20-30 people over and it'd be upstairs pacing in circles. Friends that came over just passed it off as the house is old.. boards are creaking.. yeah right.. Boards don't creak in circular patterns. But all I ever had to do was go to the foot of the stairs and I'd yell up and say.. "SHUT THE F*** UP!" and it would stop. No problems, nothing thrown, no haunting nightmares.. it knew it was annoying us and that when we swore at it, that it was time to stop before we burnt the house down on it. Although after the day he told me the house was haunted,we never went upstairs again. we all slept on the living room floor like a wagon circle. We'd put the women in the middle and we'd sleep on the outside. Not kidding, this is how we lived, but we were 18, so for us we were still living large in our own house.

Then one day the day came that scared the crap out of me and we moved out.. Looking back it isn't that scary, but that day.. yes I was done. The downstairs is setup in a ring kind of.. You walk in the front door and immediately you see the stair going up. To each side there is a door leading to each of the two living rooms. If you go to the right, the first living room has a bathroom built at the back end, that has a door near it that leads to the left to the kitchen where the basement door is and the back porch door, then another door leading back to the second living room. Now each door in the house is made of different material as are the floors in each room. SO it was really easy to tell which room you were in or what door was being opened based on sounds. And being a haunted house, we played lots of practical jokes on each other trying to scare the others into submission. Well this day I was alone in the house. And I'm in the bathroom. I have a cd playing through the playstation on full blast on the tv. And I'm in the bathroom and I hear the front door open. Then boots stomping through the living room to the right.. Then into the kitchen and the basement door opens. Then the oven door. Then stomps back out the second living room and out the front door, but the front door never closes. Well I think this is my friends playing a joke. So I'm screaming out that I'm dropping a duece and they're not going to scare me off the toilet. And I'm screaming at them this and that. Well finally by the time the footsteps get to the second living room.. I'm off the pot and running to catch them before they can leave. I get to the bathroom door as I hear the footsteps leaving the front door. I get to the front porch and nobody is in sight. NOBODY!.. So I run around the house and looking up on the roof thinking maybe they climbed up there real quick or something.. and nobody is around.. So i go back to cooking dinner for us(my turn this day). And then a few hours later when my friend came back.. I was pissed. I said.. HEY A**HOLE.. good job trying to scare me, but it isn't gonna work. He's shocked.. says look.. he was at his grandfathers the entire day spending time with him and watchign the football game.. Then it hit me.. and i just stared blankly at him.. and he's wondering what happened.. so i tell him the story and he's not even breaking a smile.. Then it really hit me.. I had the tv up full blast.. there is no way in hell I should have heard any of those footsteps, let alone doors opening or closing..

Needless to say.. this was the last straw and his grandfather turned his workshop into a small apt for us and we moved in there for a few weeks until we both got jobs and I moved to Boston. Like I say.. looking back it doesnt seem that scary enough to warrant moving out.. but at the time, it was scary enough.

spooky2

It doesn't sound threatening from what you say. Sounds like it's playing out things it has done maybe when it was a living being.

spooky2

Did any of you ever research the house for deaths that took place their? Could be maybe a suicide upstairs, hence the circling footsteps debating weather or not it to kill itself. I use the term it cause not knowing if male or female.

Justinian

No, we were all 18. The last thing we were thinking of was going to the library to find out what was causing it. And the other point was we never really tried bringing attention to the house because of our situation. But, looking back on it, we never felt threatened. It just scared us because it was more of we didn't know what it was, not because we felt threatened. Although.. in the attic there were these two pictures, old pictures. Giant, black and white, framed of a small boy and small girl. probably not more than 5 or 6. We assumed always that they were brother and sister because they looked alike. Those pictures always scared the living daylights out of me for some reason. And they are the type that no matter where you are in the room, the eyes always seem to follow you. But since we moved out, the house has been rented for years by the same people and they've never once claimed anything weird happening according to my friends grandfather. And the pictures of the "twins" as we called them, were moved to my friends mother's house and she has said that nothing has ever happened in her house. We have always had this sneaky suspicion that whatever was in that house was following one of us, we've just never figured out which one. We had other experiences in other places we've all lived since then, but for the most part, since we all went our seperate ways, we've not experienced anything that open again.