Never Forget the History!

vivian

Never Forget the History!

Should the Chinese react vociferously about the downgrade of the Nanjing massacre to the Nanjing incident, and the total disappearing of Unit 731 and "comfort women"? Or should they just "get over it" and have the Japanese tell them to be thankful for the war that was waged to "liberate the Asian countries from the western imperialists"?

vivian

The Comfort Women are Dissected

And, the "comfort women". Were all of them forced into sex slavery? Well, apparently, some "comfort women" actually "voluntarily" went into service because they could earn a better living than being cruelly killed. The Japanese military's paper trail does not identify who is who, they just put all of them "voluntarily".

vivian

Re: Never Forget the History!

The Japanese should, NEVERTHELESS, properly deal with their war time past. The thing is, its not about who is to blame for what, its about facing up to your own guilty as a nation for your own good. Its not about satisfying China, its about being true to yourself; which can only strengthen and make yourself a better person or a better nation.

thenumbersix

Re: Never Forget the History!

what is this Nanjing massacre you speak of. Excuse my ignorance, our news only shows hours of dullness and never anything much relevant.

Is definitely right that they should deal with their past in some way. Germany has had to and have pulled it off quite well I think. Still, even now, we don't ever really hear the sides of most Germans where they were terrorised into towing the line or face mysterious disappearance in the night of you and your family !

Pretty soon we're all gonna have to get along, is about time the older generation lost their grip and power transfered to people still with enough faculties to make a proper decision ! Whoever is leading the reigns at the moment needs telling they are doing a really piss poor job of it and to sort their act out ! Just my opinion ;D