New Calendar ??

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I probably wouldn't mind minor changes to the calendar, as long as they make sense.

About the 30 hour clock, I think it'd make some sense to do that, but I don't see any real big reason to switch. Lighting would changefrom day to day, that would be great sometimes, awful at other times. We'd go through a full day/night cycle every 4 days. Then it may be more convenient to do with the 26 hour day maybe? Complete day/night cycle every 12 days. Hmm.

I think I'd like it. I don't see that happen any time soon tough.

What do you guys think? Would you like it?

TimeNot_0

I was joking about the 30 hour clock. You would only have 30 hour clock if you had 5 seconds tick in the space of 4 seconds of the current time clock, and then each 60 minute new hour would be the equivalent of 48 minutes of the now time clock.
There is only 23 hours 56 seconds some fraction of time in every day anyway. It goes by rotation of the Earth and the calendar goes by astronomical measurements.
The one comment on that link that was perhaps the funniest (although there were a lot of those) was the guy who stated he rather have a 26 month 14 day calendar, so April 15th would not come around.

The calendar is not for business reasons, but for astronomical reasons of the Earth's cycle around the Sun and all of that.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I thought your 30 hours day was a day that lasts 30 of our current hours, which is why I came to talk about the day/night cycles.

I wonder if it would be possible to have a clock system that doesn't follow the Earth's rotation. Would that be a good thing?