New Chronovisor Site: ConspiracyCafe.net

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Hey everyone!

I’m happy to announce that we’re going to add ConspiracyCafe.net to our Chronovisor.

What is Conspiracy Cafe?

Conspiracy Cafe is a community that existed from 2005 to 2015. It belonged to our friend @Grayson, who passed away in October 2015. It’s a friend site with which we’ve always had quite a bit in common.

Bringing parts of CC back to the light of day using the Chronovisor, will be a tribute to Grayson and his community. All the content brought back will belong to him and to the Cafe.

1678229548966.png

Conspiracy Cafe was created by a group of friends and former staff members of Time Travel Forum (TTF) in 2005. It was a great spot to discuss in detail all things conspiracy. It started in 2005, right about the time Time Travel Forum became the Paranormal Network (TPN). During the Golden Age of the Internet. CC and TPN (which later became Paranormalis) existed and thrived at the same time.

Grayson really did take good care of it. At its peak in 2015, it had over 94,000 posts. It was a well-established conspiracy forum, with a lot of well-thought-out and articulated discussions taking place. Compared to a lot of other conspiracy forums, CC had a lot of long-form discussions taking place. In-depth discussions. It’s one of the things that differentiated it from the likes of GLP.

Conspiracy Cafe and Paranormalis had a lot of members in common. Obviously, @Grayson is one of them. @Harte and @Khaos, who are still active today, come to mind. I also remember quite a few who aren’t active here, anymore. Like @Keroscene, @StarLord, @gl100, @Mudpuppy — I’m 100% sure I’m forgetting a lot of people, here. Make sure to correct me in the comments.

While the site had several staff members, it belonged to Grayson, who took care of it for a decade. Sadly, his health had been deteriorating for several years, due to his battle with cancer. He passed away in October 2015.

Here is Grayson’s obituary:
Memorial to Iain Traynor, 1965 - 2015.

At that point, no one else had access to the site’s administrative tools anymore. (domain, hosting, backups, etc.). So sometime in 2015, the forum experienced technical issues and simply went down, never to return. Time ran out. Grayson never got to transfer the site or its database to anyone. No backups, no nothing.

The community itself still exists so to speak. They were able to regroup on this small forum:
Home | Thinkology Zone

But it’s a fresh start. From what I can see, it's sort of a temporary forum that became permanent. Still, a couple of people from the old CC can be reached there.

As I stated earlier, the point of bringing back to life some of Conspiracy Cafe’s content isn’t to acquire or claim ownership over anything that belonged to it. It’s mostly for nostalgia. And 100% as a tribute to Grayson and the Cafe. All the CC-recovered content belongs to Grayson and Conspiracy Cafe. Forever.

I’m happy to browse and restore some of their content, as I was, too, a member of CC. Admittedly, I wasn’t very active, but still. I visited the cafe often, back in the day. I anticipate being able to recover at least a couple hundred discussions, from the list I'm looking at.

There are none as of writing this, but you'll be able to find all Conspiracy Cafe-restored threads here, soon:

Stay tuned!

--Num7

And here is a collection of screenshots that range from the classic Conspiracy Cafe in 2005, to the one we knew in 2015 at its peak.

CC2005.pngCC2008.pngCC2010.pngCC2012.png

Khaos

where the wild things are
Wonderful post. Thank you for taking the time to bring Conspiracy Cafe back. Grayson's passing took it with him but he shared a sentiment on the temp forum in "the cafe will rise again!" indeed it will