New Coroner's Report on death of Natalie Wood: Actress' injuries could be from assault

Samstwitch

I have always been suspicious of her death. Natalie Wood was TERRIFIED of water and would never have gone out in a dingy late at night by herself. (Back when it happened, her husband, RJ, said that's what she did.) Everybody knew that Natalie had a tremendous fear of drowning...and with good cause, as it led to her death. I'm glad the case has been re-investigated. I hope they don't brush the new evidence under the rug like before, just because her husband, Robert Wagner (RJ), was a big celebrity.

In the aftermath of her death, I heard that she and RJ had a big blow out on the yacht. Actor Christopher Walken was also there when it happened. Then Natalie went missing, and RJ failed to report it for many HOURS.

LOS ANGELES TIMES ARTICLE

Photo.JPG

New Coroner's Report on death of Natalie Wood: Actress' injuries could be from assault

A new Los Angeles County Coroner's report into the death of Natalie Wood released Monday questions original 1981 findings that led investigators to conclude that the actress died accidentally, sources close to the investigation told The Times.

The report concludes that bruising on the actress' wrists and other areas could be more consistent with injuries from an assault prior to when she entered the water, the report and sources said.
The new findings -- which sheriff's sources said they have known about for some time -- stop short of classifying her death as a homicide.

PHOTOS: Natalie Wood | 1938-1981

Details about the new report were first reported by CBS News.
The sources told The Times that the bruises are on her wrists and other areas and are among the findings that coroner's investigators originally overlooked in the accidental-death finding more than 30 years ago.

The case was re-opened in November 2011. Last August, Los Angeles County coroner's officials amended Wood's death certificate to reflect unanswered questions about her Nov. 28, 1981, death at Catalina Island. It changed the description of her death from an accidental drowning to "drowning and other undetermined factors."

At the time of her death, her husband, actor Robert Wagner, told authorities she fell off their yacht, the 60-foot-long Splendour, possibly while trying to re-tie a dinghy that had been banging against the side of the boat, disturbing her sleep.

natalie-wood-forensic-examination-p1-normal.gif

Samstwitch

Everything Natalie's sister said about Dennis, the Captain, is true! I saw a video of Dennis when he was going on a Talk Show (I think it was Geraldo Rivera) to talk about Natalie's death. While he waited in the Green Room, he was secretly videotaped. Dennis talked with another woman who was with him (can't remember who she was, but he knew her). Dennis told the woman the same story that Natalie's sister says in this interview.

Post Note: I just found this interview with Dennis the Captain on Nancy Grace!