No reason

Samstwitch

Everything does happen for a reason. Or at least that's my opinion. 10 years from now u may meet one of the men who treated u badly. He may be working at a convenience store after losing his life savings to a bad investment. He may sell u a winning lottery ticket, which may change your life forever. When things happen we usually don't know why right away. But every life we touch and person we interact with has an impact in the greater scheme of things. :)

I 100% agree! When I was younger, a friend of mine used to say she believed "everything happens for a reason". I didn't believe it at that time, but I considered it. After enough years passed, as I watched life unfold around me and others, I came to agree with her.

Khaos

where the wild things are
Everything does happen for a reason. Or at least that's my opinion. 10 years from now u may meet one of the men who treated u badly. He may be working at a convenience store after losing his life savings to a bad investment. He may sell u a winning lottery ticket, which may change your life forever. When things happen we usually don't know why right away. But every life we touch and person we interact with has an impact in the greater scheme of things. :)

Yeah suppose you are right. Everything happens for a reason, we don't just happen to see the answer right away. Or the answer is in front of me, I just refuse to accept it and want an answer that I find more acceptable.

Have you ever struggled with confidence and standing up for yourself?

No, not really. I'm a defiant type of person. Not in the sense I break rules. More in the sense, I don't take s*** from anyone. Doesn't matter if you're a cop or the president of the united states. There is a level of respect, but you cross the line and I'll let you know. I have no problem standing my ground.

I have meet people that have been arrested in their own PRIVATE yards for Public intoxication

I know a guy who was arrested for having empty beer bottles in his car. He passed the breathalyzer with flying colors and wasn't drunk at all, he was simply taking the bottles to the store for recycling. The charges were later dropped when the judge threw out the case.

SO well played reporting the incident, it's probably not his first offence

Oh I certainly agree with you. It would be interesting if I could find information on complaints he has gotten, if any were made. Though I'm not sure if there is anyway to do that.

Well thank you for the responses so far.

Edit: Well after doing a google search, I found a newspaper article that has this officer suspended without pay for an incident.

It happened in 2000. This is what the article says:

The County sheriff Mr. R. has apologized to a couple who were wrongly arrested and forced to spend 24 hours in jail.

Mr. B was pulled over for speeding and arrested by the sheriff's deputy Thursday on a charge of driving with a suspended license, county officials say.

After the arrest Mr. B said he began arguing with the Deputy Mr R. He said he knew his license was not suspended. Mr. B said he was handcuffed and slammed against the vehicle. According to medical reports, he suffered a sprained elbow. His wife was charged with resisting arrest.

Deputy Mr. R. was suspended without pay pending an investigation.

Ha! The power of google.

bowtiesarecool

You ever heard that saying "Everything happens for a reason" ?

What if I were to say I don't believe in that, what is your response?

I've never been in trouble with the law. Not once. Can't say the same for my brother though...

I'm with you on the first one. I don't buy that "everything happens for a reason" crap either.

Do you and your brother look alike? That's the only thing I can think of as to why you would be considered a suspect.

However, them getting the description wrong is nothing new.

I was once assaulted and I told the police the man was shorter than me (I am 5'7") and about 29-30 years old.

They radioed and said they were looking for a 6 foot something adolescent. :/

Khaos

Oh, this thread. I had forgotten about it. I had a roommate in that incident, wasn't living with my brother.

This incident with that police officer, its one of those anomalies in life. I've dealt with the police before. I got a ticket the other day. But I have never had this incident repeat itself. Nor has anyone ever offered a definite answer. Other than the guy was an ass. Which I have come to accept as a alright answer.

bowtiesarecool

Oh, this thread. I had forgotten about it. I had a roommate in that incident, wasn't living with my brother.

This incident with that police officer, its one of those anomalies in life. I've dealt with the police before. I got a ticket the other day. But I have never had this incident repeat itself. Nor has anyone ever offered a definite answer. Other than the guy was an ass. Which I have come to accept as a alright answer.

lol, yes, that sounds about right.

And there are just some things that happen in the world that are so tragic that I don't think there can possibly be a reason, a good reason, a valid reason that someone can offer proof of, that they happen.

I also think we control our own destiny. The idea that everything is planned out in advance and we have no choice in the matter goes completely against the idea of free will and I've yet to come across anyone who doesn't believe in free will.

Khaos

lol, yes, that sounds about right.

And there are just some things that happen in the world that are so tragic that I don't think there can possibly be a reason, a good reason, a valid reason that someone can offer proof of, that they happen.

I also think we control our own destiny. The idea that everything is planned out in advance and we have no choice in the matter goes completely against the idea of free will and I've yet to come across anyone who doesn't believe in free will.

Well, death is planned out in advanced. Everyone dies at some point :p