Omnipotent God Paradoxes

Inferno

While I am not an Atheist, I enjoy thought experiments involving the existence of an Omnipotent and Truly Just God. These Paradoxes assume God is All Powerful, All Knowing, and Truly good(against evil, assuming evil is what most people agree is morally wrong.)

The Omnipotence paradox is best summed up best by the sentence "Could God create a stone so heavy that even He could not lift it?"
This is essentially asking, if an Omnipotent All Powerful being exists, could it create something more powerful than itself?
I have asked this question many times, but no one has given me a satisfying answer.

One answer is that God can do what is logically impossible. He can lift a stone that he can't lift. I think this is a ridiculously answer and a great way to dodge the question. Maybe my human brain just can't comprehend the greatness of God.
Another answer is being All Powerful only allows you to only do what is logically possible. This would make the answer No. But that wouldn't that mean there is something that an All Powerful Omnipotent being cannot do? Does this mean God is really Omnipotent?

The Problem of Evil says a truly good and just God could not exist because evil exist. One solution is to use Free Will. Free will allows us to be evil as well as good. This would mean God can't interfere because it would take away our free will. However, I would argue that watching evil happen and doing nothing when you have the ability to stop is is just as evil as doing the evil yourself. This means God is still not all good. There are several events in the Old Testament where God just gets angry and decides to wipe out cities or people because he doesn't approve of their behavior. I think that if an Omnipotent Being does exist, while it may desire good, it can't be entirely good.

Despite all the problems with religion, people still believe and worship their chosen entity. I am interested in why. Most of the time its because it was instilled in them at a young age, essentially brainwashing them. But that doesn't explain people who became religious later in life. How do people solve these paradoxes? Maybe they just ignore them. Maybe they think about them constantly. Perhaps it just isn't possible to know the answer.

Inferno

The answer "no" is not a paradox.
"Yes" would be paradoxical.
Thanks for responding.

The problem I have with "no" is you are putting a limit on what should be absolute power. That would mean God isn't really omnipotent. But I suppose if he were to have power so great above all other beings you could assume Omnipotence. But then it isn't really Omnipotence.

dimension-1hacker

While I am not an Atheist, I enjoy thought experiments involving the existence of an Omnipotent and Truly Just God. These Paradoxes assume God is All Powerful, All Knowing, and Truly good(against evil, assuming evil is what most people agree is morally wrong.)

The Omnipotence paradox is best summed up best by the sentence "Could God create a stone so heavy that even He could not lift it?"
This is essentially asking, if an Omnipotent All Powerful being exists, could it create something more powerful than itself?
I have asked this question many times, but no one has given me a satisfying answer.

One answer is that God can do what is logically impossible. He can lift a stone that he can't lift. I think this is a ridiculously answer and a great way to dodge the question. Maybe my human brain just can't comprehend the greatness of God.
Another answer is being All Powerful only allows you to only do what is logically possible. This would make the answer No. But that wouldn't that mean there is something that an All Powerful Omnipotent being cannot do? Does this mean God is really Omnipotent?

The Problem of Evil says a truly good and just God could not exist because evil exist. One solution is to use Free Will. Free will allows us to be evil as well as good. This would mean God can't interfere because it would take away our free will. However, I would argue that watching evil happen and doing nothing when you have the ability to stop is is just as evil as doing the evil yourself. This means God is still not all good. There are several events in the Old Testament where God just gets angry and decides to wipe out cities or people because he doesn't approve of their behavior. I think that if an Omnipotent Being does exist, while it may desire good, it can't be entirely good.

Despite all the problems with religion, people still believe and worship their chosen entity. I am interested in why. Most of the time its because it was instilled in them at a young age, essentially brainwashing them. But that doesn't explain people who became religious later in life. How do people solve these paradoxes? Maybe they just ignore them. Maybe they think about them constantly. Perhaps it just isn't possible to know the answer.
People become religion later because of the warm fuzzy feeling they get when they don't question anything and have a false sense of understanding the world around them. Also, logic determines what is and is not correct, a god cannot lift a stone that it created to be impossible to lift or if the god is limited by the amount of power it has then it can't therefore is not all powerful. The god cannot lift the stone that it created to be impossible to lift because if it was all powerful it couldn't create a rock that was impossible for it to lift therefore it is not all powerful. The god cannot cause itself to completely not exist then to exist again because there would be nothing to cause it to exist.