Chronovisor [TimeTravelForum.net] Padraic, Temporally transposed from 1807 to 1994

Snow

Only page 1 is available.

1702474228644.png

The Time Travel Forum

The Time Travel Forum! The largest time travel discussion board on the Internet. Free Memberships!
IPB
TTF RulesTime Travel Library
Gallery Member Map HelpSearchMembersCalendarLive Chat BLOGStorePortal

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> The Time Travel Forum > Time Travelers > Proved Hoaxes
Collapse
> Site Affiliates

4 Pages 1 2 3 > » Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll
Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+
> Padraic, Temporally transposed from 1807 to 1994

Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
Snow Fire Watches post Aug 16 2004, 02:24 PM
Post #1

Official Grandma and High Priestess
Group Icon

Group: Temporal Clergy
Member No.: 57

Welcome Padraic! I have taken the liberty of starting a topic here for you so you don't get lost in the roster thread.

Glad to see you on this board. Word is that Gavin has "turned off" ttf1 and since we don't know if this is temporary or permanent, your previous posts may be lost - very sorry to say.

QUOTE(Padraic @ Aug 16 2004, 12:49 PM)
Here are my answers to your questions here. I have several posts on the other board, including a detailed story of my experience along with answers to several detailed questions from several people on that board. I probably don't have too many answers regarding actual methods of travel, given that my "trip" was not by my intention and was not something I would have chosen to do at the time.

Location Then:
( Or now if you are from this time period)
Norfolk, Virginia June 1807
1) People you knew, alias ok
served with Robert Milliken, Midshipman Bratty, Lieutenant Ludlow, Captain Morris and later Captain Barron. There were many others.
2) Occupation you had
seaman aboard USS Chesapeake, US Navy frigate, sponger on 18 pound gun crew
3) Recreation you enjoyed
playing music, reading, and griping about officers

Who you are:
1) What you wished to be called on this board
Padraic
2) What languages you speak
English
3) What education/training you have
equivalent of modern high school diploma, basic seamanship (not much of a topman, but can go aloft if needed) firing cannon and small arms. (dreadfully slow at musket loading, though, which is why I served as a sponger on a gun crew and was rarely trusted with much else.)

The Trip:
(Or trips you took)
1) Month, day, year left
June 22 or 23 (not sure, since I was wounded and asleep a lot) 1807.
2) Method of time travel
I have no clue. I would like to know that myself.
2b) Capabilities and limitations of travel if known
I ended up here, so at least that much is possible.
2c) Why you time traveled if intentional
I would not have intended to do it.
3) Month, day, year of arrival if known
June 22, 1994.

This Forum:
1) How you found this forum
Someone on the other forum mentioned it.
2) Why you are posting on this forum
The other forum is down and I saw some familiar names on this one.
3) Any goals you hope to achieve
I have been here too long to hope to go back, but I would like answers about how I could have ended up here. I do not know how it happened and I am curious.

Location now:
( Or that you went to )
I arrived in Norfolk, Virginia, in close proximity to where I was when I went to sleep. I now live in Ohio.
1) Geographic region you live in
Cincinnati, Ohio
1b) Type of building you are staying in
house
2) Who you live with, alias ok
wife
3) How you live, (Job/Money/Guardians/Begging/Foraging)
I work as a financial analyst.
4) Media technology available to you
( Scanners, Webcams, Digital Camera, mics)
computer, printer, and broken scanner

Welcome Aboard.

This post has been edited by Snow Fire Watches: Aug 16 2004, 08:50 PM
User is offlineProfile CardPM Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
CaryP post Aug 16 2004, 02:51 PM
Post #2

Keep smiling, it get's a lot worse from here.
Group Icon

Group: Ragin' Cajun
Member No.: 33

I work as a financial analyst.

Padraic,

How did you learn the skills to become a financial analyst without formal education? Are you licensed with the NASD or the SEC? Do you work for a large firm, or a smaller one? What area of analysis do you specialize in?

Thanks in advance for answering my questions.

Cary
+Quote Post
Cloaked post Aug 16 2004, 02:59 PM
Post #3

Pythagoras
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 76

Everything he stated in the thread on the other forum checks out. All names he posted and dates to go with events checked out. The name he messaged to me, his real name, also checked out as a member of the crew.
I'm not saying what happened to him actually happened. I'm just letting everyone know that the story seems to be true.
+Quote Post
Grayson post Aug 16 2004, 03:08 PM
Post #4

Armed Enforcement Clone (MK II)
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 14

Cloaked: It may be far wiser to say that Patrick's story is for the most part accurate, that doesn't necessarily preclude it from being true, but you are suggesting that he may be a genuine TT'er. I think that is a state yet to be verified. ;)
+Quote Post
Anoah post Aug 16 2004, 03:13 PM
Post #5

The Magenta Knight: compassionate and caring
Group Icon

Member No.: 11

Padraic knows his way around historical facts but there is stuff he gets wrong. If his feelings and sentiments are smack out of the early 19th century than all of our history books are way off.
+Quote Post
Cloaked post Aug 16 2004, 03:20 PM
Post #6

Pythagoras
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 76

I'm not saying he is a real TT'er. Just that his story is true. It was easy enough to verify and would have been easy for him to research it to get the facts straight before his first post.

History can be different depending on who is telling the story. I am sure that the history books in Europe give a much different account of affairs than what we have in the States. His version of events is from someone that was supposedly there. There can be many versions of history and all of them can be true. It just depends on who wrote it and at what time.
+Quote Post
Grayson post Aug 16 2004, 03:25 PM
Post #7

Armed Enforcement Clone (MK II)
Group Icon

Member No.: 14

There are many errors in Patrick's tale, errors that he has unwittingly subscribed too in my brief encounter with him.

Reading history can only tell you so much and to be really good at passing yourself off as being from a previous point in time, you need to research real well. I did, he didn't, but he is such an agreable character that I never pursued these errors with him. Sometimes the company is more important than the journey and I like his company.

Make no mistakes though, Patrick's tale is far from watertight. :huh: :lol: :lol:
+Quote Post
Padraic post Aug 16 2004, 05:44 PM
Post #8

Pythagoras

Group: Members
Member No.: 163

Hello all,

I do not have much time to be online tonight, so I will make an attempt at answering your questions as best I can. I may perhaps come back on later, but I am canning vegetables tonight and expect that to take a fair bit of time. If I have time later, I will come back on.

Regarding my work, I am with a division of Citigroup, which is what you would call a large company. They don't require a degree to do what I do, just that you go through their training and pass the requisite exams to be licensed. I carry a Series 6 license.

Someone else mentioned that I have attitudes that are not wholly from the 19th century. I can see where that might appear to be a sticking point, but I have been here for ten years and have over that time been attempting to adapt as well as I can in order to not stick out too much. I have adopted some of the attitudes of this era, but there are others that I find disturbing. People in my time were as varied in opinions and attitudes as they are now, so coming up with one composite attitude for the time would be stereotypical at the best and not an accurate portrayal of every person living then. Yes, I do not fully fit a profile of someone from that era, but I am no longer in that era, having been here for ten years, so it stands to reason that I would not fit that profile 100%.

Errors notwithstanding, I do thank you all for the benefit of the doubt that you are at the least welcome to give me. My memories are by no means infallible, and had I done even a minimum amount of research, I would no doubt have come up with a tale that could have met with whatever level of scrutiny you could choose to employ. The truth is that it was never my intention to provide a scrupulously detailed account of the early 19th century, with every t crossed and every i dotted. It was my intention to relay my experience to the best of my memory and see what everyone thought of it and if anyone could give me some answers to the questions I have. There were some who believed me, some who did not, and quite a few who remain undecided. If I were in your shoes, I would most likely find myself in the undecided camp, given the nearly unbelievable nature of my story. Either way, the company on the other board, and here so far, has been agreeable, so I thank you for that courtesy. I will answer more questions later. For now, I must get to my canning.

Humbly,

Padraic
+Quote Post
sosuemetoo post Aug 16 2004, 05:53 PM
Post #9

Resident Mom:pink Knight: love, warmth, kindness
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

Padriac,
Welcome to the forum.

I was following your thread very closely on timetravelforum.tk. I never posted. I enjoyed your posts very much. I admit, that when the forum was closed down, yours were the posts that I missed the most.

Kick back, make yourself comfortable, tell your story. There are many members here that are interested in what you have to say.

"Mom"
(sosumee2 on ttf.tk)
+Quote Post
CaryP post Aug 16 2004, 06:54 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

Got to hand it to you Padraic, the chicks dig you. They love your eloquent replies. Keep 'em comin' ma man.

I have a couple of questions for you, based on your last response.

What does your Series 6 allow you to do?
Were you required to obtain any other licensure?
How were you able to sit for an exam with the NASD without proper identification and background check by your employer?
What classroom or other study methods did you use to obtain the "knowledge" to pass your Series 6 exam?

Repeat of former questions.

What area of analysis do you specialize in?
Where/how did you learn to do financial analysis that warrents your current position?

Thanks again for your answer, and for the upcoming answers to my questions. You may have some possibilities here.

Cary
+Quote Post
Padraic post Aug 16 2004, 08:20 PM
Post #11

Pythagoras

In answer to the questions I missed the last time, the Series 6 allows me to market mutual funds, not individual stocks. The question regarding my identification was covered in a post on the other board, but here we go again. There was a couple who took me in back in 1994 when they discovered me in Northside Park in Norfolk. I do not know how he managed it, but the man managed to obtain a forged birth certificate that I was able to use to obtain a Social Security number and eventually a driving permit. Learning to drive a motor vehicle was quite a frightening experience for me, especially the speed at which they move. The SEC wanted work history as far back as I could provide it, so I gave them that. There was no criminal history on my record, so everything checked out. The classroom training was at my company office. Some of the other people there who were already licensed went through the study materials with us and I studied the material for many hours before taking the exam, which I found to be quite difficult.

I handle mostly retirement planning, IRAs and the like. We also counsel people on eliminating debt, basically getting out of debt and planning for a secure future, principles that haven't changed much from where I came from.

I must say that your questions were quite different from what I am used to handling. Most people want to know about where I come from instead of where I am now. Since I do not have a clue how to get back there, I must assume that I am here to stay and that where I am now bears more consequence than where I have been. As for my story being watertight, how can we expect that? Even the most weatherly ship works at the seams a little and requires some time at the pumps to get them dry. We should measure the depth of water in the well and if it gets too high, then there is cause for alarm. If I came out with a story impeccable in every detail with no apparent discrepancies, I would think that would smell funny, since anyone with enough research time could come up with such a story. Someone going from memory is invariably going to get a few small details a little off. I just hope that I keep those to a minimum. At best, my story is both difficult to prove or disprove, since I cannot produce a prediction of the future like the folks claiming to be from the future can. At least with them, you have them over a barrel if the prediction turns out false.

So now I need to attend to my duties in the kitchen. My wife will be home soon and I need to have so much done before she arrives so I do not end up standing the dog watch. I bid you all a good night.

Padraic

This post has been edited by Padraic: Aug 16 2004, 08:40 PM
+Quote Post
Padraic post Aug 16 2004, 08:23 PM
Post #12

Pythagoras

Let me amend the title of my thread slightly. You call me a time traveler from 1807, but my journey was far from intentional. Since the word traveler, at least to me, would indicate some intent on the part of the traveler, perhaps I am some sort of cosmic accident victim. I do not know if that title has quite the same ring to it, though, so perhaps we will stick with what you put there from the start.

Good night,

Padraic
+Quote Post
Snow Fire Watches post Aug 16 2004, 08:51 PM
Post #13

Official Grandma and High Priestess
Group Icon

Group: Temporal Clergy
Member No.: 57

QUOTE(Padraic @ Aug 16 2004, 08:23 PM)
Let me amend the title of my thread slightly. You call me a time traveler from 1807, but my journey was far from intentional. Since the word traveler, at least to me, would indicate some intent on the part of the traveler, perhaps I am some sort of cosmic accident victim. I do not know if that title has quite the same ring to it, though, so perhaps we will stick with what you put there from the start.

Good night,

Padraic

Hello Pedraic - I amended the title - I hope you like it!

@);-

SFW
+Quote Post
TheHeggy post Aug 16 2004, 11:04 PM
Post #14

Jawas Are Tasty!
Group Icon

Group: Dark Lord of the Sith
Member No.: 35

Hi there.

Your story is extremely fascinating. If this is a gag, it's an extremely well thought out and well prepared gag.

The way you type, and the maturity of your "voice" only lends to your credibility.

When you find the time, I'd like you to please answer some questions for me. I'm sure these have been covered on the old forums, but I make it a rule never to go there. Personal thing ;)

How did you arrive here? Did you just wake up and here you were?

What was your initial reaction to your situation, and to this time?

What do you think is the greatest waste of mankind's technology?

What was your reaction when you learned that man has walked on the moon.... And then lost interest?

Did you have a wife/kids in the 1800s?

Is there a missing person's report for you? MIA perhaps?

What was the first movie you saw in this timeline? What did you think?

How hard was it for you to learn to use and type on a computer?

I think that's plenty right now... My aplogies if it's too much at once. One other question... Have you ever listened to a show called "Coast To Coast AM"? Used to be hosted by Art Bell, but is now hosted by George Noory. Would you consider being a guest on their show? I think you might gain a lot of insight into how you got here by doing that.

Their website is Coast to Coast AM: The Best Paranormal News Show | Coast to Coast AM

The email to request to be a guest is [email protected]

Have a good night :)
User is online!Profile CardPM Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
CaryP post Aug 17 2004, 06:56 AM
Post #15

Group Icon

I handle mostly retirement planning, IRAs and the like. We also counsel people on eliminating debt, basically getting out of debt and planning for a secure future, principles that haven't changed much from where I came from.

Padriac,

This isn't exactly what I'd call "financial analyst" work, but you're entitled to call it whatever you'd like. "Financial analyst" to me is someone who examines financial statements of publicly traded corps. using various ratios and metrics to determine profitability, rates of growth, financial stability, etc. Bonds are another area of "financial analysis" but there are different standards of measurement than stocks. Sounds more like you're on the retail side of the business. So a couple more questions if you don't mind. I understand if you don't want to answer some of them. I'd appreciate a "no comment" on the ones you don't care to answer. Then again, you could blow me off and not even respond.

Do you handle your own group of clients or do you assist a Series 7 broker with his/her clients?

Sounds like the practice you're involved with is more commission based, yes/no? Do you have any fee based clients, or have you tried that yet?

Are you also licensed to market variable annuities?

Are you familiar with the Elliot Wave Principle?

Have you read any books by Robert Prechter, Jr.?

Are you familiar with the Austrian school of economics?

What is your division of Citigroup telling you/your office about projected market targets for the end of this year? (I'm sure they're bullish, I'm just curious as to how much they are.)

Thanks again, lady's man. (That's a joke, since most of the ladies here dig your style. Reference to the SNL character "Lady's Man" - "got me a bottle of Courvoisier and a lady." the Lady's Man. Hell, they even made a movie out of it.)

Cary
+Quote Post
« Next Oldest · Proved Hoaxes · Next Newest »
Enter Keywords

4 Pages 1 2 3 > »
Closed TopicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

|-- Proved Hoaxes

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd November 2004 - 07:29 PM
Invision Power Board v2.0.0 © 2004 IPS, Inc.
Registered to: The Time Travel Forum

Last edited by a moderator: