Pre Cog

Stu Dogg

Pre Cog

Ok i work on the theroy that there ar many universes but one thing really stumps me. some insects are said to have a reaction speed the could be seen as pre cognition. however that would mean that we all existed on the same time line wouldnt it. any help any one

Lucidus

Re: Pre Cog

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Stu Dogg\")</div>
Ok i work on the theroy that there ar many universes but one thing really stumps me. some insects are said to have a reaction speed the could be seen as pre cognition. however that would mean that we all existed on the same time line wouldnt it. any help any one[/b]

Your conclusion seems reasonable, and I remeber reading a news story about a scientist who was studying human reactions to unpleasant photographs. The unpleasant photos were mixed in with a large number of normal or not unpleasant ones. The subjects were shown the photos in a random order. The researcher was suprised to see that many of his subjects started to react (physically, things like heartrates. etc.) to negative imagery slightly before the negative photos were shown to them. I think this was on CNN.com but unfortunately I didn't save the link.

Occam's Razor dictates that the simplest explanation is probably the correct one, so there probably is only one universe. But precongnition does not in itself prove that there is only one. Usually the many universes interpretation states that there must be an infinate number of other universes and that everything that is possible must happen in at least one of them. Our universe could just simply be one where insects have pre-cog abilities.

Stu Dogg

this is very true i never thought of it that way. i really belive that it is just to do with reaction speed and feeling. if you think about it Dogs can smell fear. so maybe some insects can sense actions. remember that the insect world is the most evolved of all. so when they sense a feeling they my just go of a gut reaction. if you get what i mean

Lucidus

Ok i work on the theroy that there ar many universes but one thing really stumps me. some insects are said to have a reaction speed the could be seen as pre cognition. however that would mean that we all existed on the same time line wouldnt it. any help any one[/b]

Also, if you are interested in testing the many universes theory, here is an experiment that I came up with. It is based on the theory that there are an infinate number of universes but that we can only observe one at a time. I have never gotten it to work, and there are some flaws with the design in that it if it fails, it doesn't prove that other universes don't exist, and if it succeeds it doesn't prove that they do. Anyway all that said, this thread seems like a good place to introduce Lucidus' three easy exercises for inter-universal travel.

Exercise 1: Imagine a macro-object with two possible observable states. A coin works nicely. Observe in your mind the coin flipping and landing in every possible state. For example, imagine that a single coin can exist in a "heads" state or a "tails" state, then imagine the coin flipping and landing heads up. At the same time, imagine the coin flipping and landing heads down. This is quite easy to do, so you should increase the difficulty by adding another coin and repeating the exercise. Imagine each possible state of the two coins. For example; coin1 exhibits "heads" and coin2 exihibits "heads",coin1 exhibits "heads" and coin2 exhibits " tails", coin1 exhibits "tails" and coin2 exhibits "heads", and finally coin1 exhibits "tails" and coin2 exhibits "tails". It is important to remember that all of these configurations must be imagined simultaneously for the exercise to be effective. Continue to increase the number coins in exercise one, and begin working with exercise two.

Exercise 2: Begin with a single coin. Flip the coin but do not observe it's state. Next, imagine what the state of the unobserved coin is. Convince yourself that the imagined state is indeed the actual observable state of the coin. Now, observe the coin and note it's actual state. If the actual state and the imagined state are consistent, then record a +, if the actual state and the imagined state are not consistent record a -. Continue this exercise until you get to the point were you a satisfied that you have a statistically improbable number of +s, then try exercise three.

Exercise 3: Once more you will begin with a single coin. Arbitrarily, pick a state appropriate for the number coins used. For example, we have only one coin and we chose "heads" as our arbitrarily chosen state. Flip the coin and observe its state. If the actual state of the coin is consistent with the chosen state, then record nothing and flip the coin again. If the actual state is not consistent with the chosen state, then cover the coin and imagine that the actual state is infact consistent with the chosen state. Convince yourself that the actual and chosen states are consistent. Observe the actual state of the coin again. If the actual state is still not consistent with the chosen state then record a -. If the actual state is now consistent with the chosen state, Congratulations! you have made your first universe shift! You should now find yourself in a universe identical to the one you started in except for the state of the coin. Record a +. As you practice shifting between universes, you should find that your experience and knowledge will increase exponentially. Enjoy your explorations of the Multiverse.

Lucidus

this is very true i never thought of it that way. i really belive that it is just to do with reaction speed and feeling. if you think about it Dogs can smell fear. so maybe some insects can sense actions. remember that the insect world is the most evolved of all. so when they sense a feeling they my just go of a gut reaction. if you get what i mean[/b]

Yes, you are most likely right. But I wouldn't rule out pre-cog. I believe that there are some experiments in quantum machanics that strongly suggest that somehow information from the future does affect the past and present.