Real ID act a cause of unrest?

Travelsoic

Real ID act a cause of unrest?

http://www.amren.com/mtnews/archives/2005/...es_may_diso.php

States May Disobey Driver?s License Rules

Suzanne Gamboa, AP, May 10

WASHINGTON?States are threatening to challenge in court and even disobey new orders from Congress to start issuing more uniform driver?s licenses and verify the citizenship or legal status of people getting them.

Could unrest predicted by Titor be partially sparked w/ events like this? If they don't comply, the people in those states would not be able to board a planes, or federally protected buildings (banks?) Comments please.

Harry

Re: Real ID act a cause of unrest?

Fellow would-be travelers:

I don't need any crystal ball or squinting into the misty hazes of hoaxie poaxie so-called Titor predictions. If we see the institution of cumpulsory military service to bolster the ranks of the empire's legions (we already use immigrants and foreigners, much as the Romans), coupled to increasing gas prices and no end to wars especially if we launch into Iran, we'll see some civil unrest. How extensive this may become, or to what effect, who knows.

But personally I don't know what it'll take. Recent revelations from documents in England with Blair basically saying the U.S. is cooking the books against Iraq, and that the U.S., bastion of democracy, is sending suspected terrorists to Uzbekistan to be tortured talking so the U.S. can evoke plausible deniability as people are gettign boiled -- If people aren't marching in outrage over such actions taken in their name, I frankly don't know what's going to rock things -- which I don't really want to see. Personally, I would've preferred a change caused by the ballot box -- except it's rigged. The next election cycle will certainly be interesting. Or depressing. Or both.--HEK

Lucidus

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Travelsoic\")</div>
http://www.amren.com/mtnews/archives/2005/...es_may_diso.php

Could unrest predicted by Titor be partially sparked w/ events like this? If they don't comply, the people in those states would not be able to board a planes, or federally protected buildings (banks?) Comments please.[/b]

It may be naive of me but I don't think this will lead to any civil unrest. The states may whine and moan about it but they surrendered any power to do anything about it to the federal government long ago.

Also, most citizens don't give a dam who issues their driver's lincense as long as they have one. This won't affect most citizens at all. Mostly it will be illegal aliens and foriegners who are affected which is exactly the point.

JasperMoon

Hold onto your hats, folks, the national card IS on its way. And I have impeccable government sources. And not far behind is the chip! Just so you all know, we ARE headed down the road to Armageddon. Expect the draft to be signed into law within two years.