Debate Reincarnation is far more likely than an afterlife

Harte

Sorry, you're misquote of Russell is considered a variant.

Only by Wikipedia that is why I provided a reference
You provided Wikipedia's reference. Please go to Russell's short book and read it for yourself.
And regarding Jesus, I was just being kind to you. You know, trying to help.

In what why could that be considered kind or helpful?
It's kind because I could have been far more critical of the ignorance you posted.
It's helpful to you that I point out that your premise has no validity whatsoever.
Seems you could use it.

From what series of presumptions do you draw that spurious conclusion?
It didn't take a series. All it took for me to see you need help is the first sentence in your OP.

Harte

Leahla1979

This is true and given that I was claiming there was, perhaps you might have a point. However since several boards on this site take it as a given that there is such a thing as inter-dimensional travel (with or without proof) it is a valid starting point for discussion and hypothesising, in much the same way as one can discuss theology with out a shred of actual evidence for the existence of God.

Not if you are an advocate of phase space and the many worlds theory as a possible interpretation of quantum mechanics, true technically an alternate time line or alternate dimension version of oneself would not actually be the same person either physically or experientially it is fair to designate that person a variation or alternate version of the subject, if for no other reason than clarity and brevity.

Which is the whole point of hypothesis and falsification, by discussion observation experimentation and attempts at consistent duplication, in order to form a theory or dismiss the hypothesis as unsound, really this is page one stuff.

Could you not find someone better to quote than Jesus for you analogy? Someone who actually existed for instance,
Bertrand Russell would be ashamed to have his name quoted in such a post, and by the way you misquoted him anyway, the actual quote is

• "Most people would rather die than think; many do." The ABC of Relativity (1925), p. 166

Actually, that last quote is out of the Talmud. From the Jewish religion. It's understandable that you would confuse that with something that Jesus said. Ironically, most of what Jesus said was just a spin on the Jewish belief.
Never in the New Testament does he actually say, "Yes, I am the Messiah!!!". And he also never completed everything that the Messiah is supposed to do. But, that's a subject for a different forum...

abrooks051

When I was chosen to be sent back they ignored my request and made me a human, I wanted to be an octopus, they are way smarter. :D

Fishoke

I myself have no proof of alternate dimensions. But I will tell you I believe there is. One place that has helped confirm this for me is the Dwave and CERN. As far as reincarnation it is very possible. Is this the information that has been hidden from us for decades. Is this left out of the bible so man can rule. This keeps us slaves to the system and Bible. Well it is suppose to anyway. I however do not believe in organized religion. I do believe in gods.

SensitiveAbility

IMO We come back because there is something that we need to learn. And when we do our time is up.

As the Jesus comment no he never said he was the Messiah.

But alot of Jewish people don't see Jesus as the son of God anyways.

titorite

And what if their is only one soul. Just then one. Constantly being flung all over time till we grow up and learn? Like we teach our children to grow and learn. We are all the child of god. Singular. One soul that gets tossed back into the mix over and over again till we are mature enough to take god the father out to dinner on our own dime. Just one soul maturing into adulthood... one incarnation at a time.

abrooks051

Consider. The "Soul" is an "extra-dimensional" essence (intelligent energy). Energy would not have five (+) senses. To experience anything the essence would need to inhabit a vessel within a three (four) dimensional Universe. Once within the vessel there would be cognitive sentience. This leads to other questions like de ja vu' or the fear of death (consider that perhaps you do not get to come over very often so, naturally, you do not want to leave or the other side is exceedingly dull). Just my two cents worth.