Shorter Days

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
They say that the older you get, the shorter days seem. Well, it feels like they really are shorter. The work I do takes all day, when it never used to. I'm not slower. I'm still running around the house, hyper as usual, but I no longer have time for projects (cleaning out the closet, etc), research, etc. It feels like there isn't enough time in the day. I do a lot of driving. Maybe that's why?

Is anyone else feeling this, or is it simply an age thing? I can't keep up. My windows need cleaning!!!

Last edited:

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
They say that the older you get, the shorter days seem. Well, it feels like they really are shorter. The work I do takes all day, when it never used it. I'm not slower. I'm still running around the house, hyper as usual, but I no longer have time for projects (cleaning out the closet, etc), research, etc. It feels like there isn't enough time in the day. I do a lot of driving. Maybe that's why?

Is anyone else feeling this, or is it simply an age thing? I can't keep up. My windows need cleaning!!!

Yes! I see this guy at the public library every week just before it opens. I just say "2 minutes", because it seems like 2 minutes have passed since we each saw each other prior.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I'm starting to feel the same and it scares me. I'll be 37 this year. For at least 5+ years, time flies so fast, it makes my head spin.

I remember as a kid how time felt slow and long, yet, old folks told me how fast days, months, and years were passing by... And I didn't believe them. Now I do.

I can't imagine how faster it'll go in 10... 20... 30 years.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I'm starting to feel the same and it scares me. I'll be 37 this year. For at least 5+ years, time flies so fast, it makes my head spin.

I remember as a kid how time felt slow and long, yet, old folks told me how fast days, months, and years were passing by... And I didn't believe them. Now I do.

I can't imagine how faster it'll go in 10... 20... 30 years.

Summer break feels like a week now. When we were kids, it felt like a whole year and every kid changed so much during the summer.
Maybe it really is an age thing, but I can't explain why I have no time to do anything anymore.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Oh yeah, I agree. Summer vacation felt nearly infinite. I remember the relief of not having to think and worry about school for such a long time. 2 months felt crazy long, it was hard to visualize.

Now? 2 months go by in an instant. An adult month now feels like a kid's week. So weird.

Wind7

Staff
It was the same for me as a kid.
Summer vacation was something I lived for!
It meant time for family vacation/camping....Getting in trouble with friends.....Going swimming..
....Late night bonfires......Keg parties in someone's field.......Apple River tubing events......Just fun.

Now as an adult, it's more complicated by life and life changing events.
Mortgages....Bills.....Hospitals.....Economic developments / deconstructions......Judgement.....Politics....and worry.

In a nutshell, we all grow into the same things but are different for each one of us.
Time goes much faster for us because of all our tasks.

Can anyone relate to this?