Sliders!!!!

Risata

Sliders!!!!

How many of you remember the tv show called "sliders?" this is where the cast would "slide" thru a wormhole to reach alternate universes! The date and year would remain the same from the world they slid from, but the landscape and the world would be different. One of my favorite shows EVER-and now, you can watch full episodes for free on HULU!!!!

I know what I'm doing tonight! Can't wait! The first season was the absolute best. They did things like "kennedy was never assisinated" and "the BIG ONE earthquake hit the west coast", stuff like that. I will post as I watch the episodes:)

The series ran from 1995-2000. Starred Jerry Oconnoll.

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
Re: Sliders!!!!

Thanks Risata! I loved this show too; only ever caught a few episodes here and there but it was awesome.

Depending on how things progress with the site, we might be able to make shows like this available on Paranormalis :)

Risata

Was wondering bout that. On HULU, they let you embed. So if possible we could embed episodes.

I wont do a spoiler on all, but in the pilot, this is what happened. This is for true fans of time travel....

Quinn (jerry oconnell) discover a way to "slide" to a parrallel alternate universe. They end up in the same day, the same year, and the exact same place-only its a different reality. If they run into themselves there-its not an issue.

In the pilot, the first world Quinn ends up in, red lights mean go, and green means stop. Jack Kennedy was still alive, and so was Elvis. There was talk of global cooling instead of warming, and CD's were phased out and vinyl was the wave of music future. His mother, a widow, was now dating and pregnant by the gardener.

He slides to another world, where he told off his teacher and got kicked out of class, told off his boss and got fired, and kissed his best buddy-a girl named Wade. Here this is where Quinn meets his double, who explains that he is sliding thru an infinite number of universes. His double has slide a dozen times. Just as he was going to give Quinn a warning concerning the wormhole timer-he slides, so Quinn was unable to learn the secret of how to return to his original timeline. He does not realize this yet.

He convinces his estranged professor and his girl buddy about the ability to cross the einstein bridge, and off the 3 of them go to slide. Quinn cranks up the power to make sure all 3 will fit in the wormhole, and a guy driving a car inadvertenetly gets sucked into the wormhole with them.

They end up in a worldline where SanFrancisco is under ice-a probable axis shift or other climatic disaster. They show a shot of the Golden Gate Bridge and all of the ocean as a frozen tundra. No life seemed to exsist anymore, and it obviously happened fast as in a polar shift. They slide out of there, into a world where we lost the Korean war and America was a facist state. The dominino effect happened here, instead of Russia.

Its a fantastic series. They also tie in little things that are awesome if you pay attention to detail. The last few years it got hokey with them running into aliens, but the first few seasons were scenarios just like this. Alot of science babble too, for those inclined. :) Happy HULUing!

shane

I'm almost ashamed to admit that I have the box-set. The show is wonderfully terrible, in an early 90's kind of way. The concept was great, but the writing and acting were both some of the worst examples to ever grace television.

It wasn't until I went back and watched the box-set that I noticed the ridiculous racist undertones. Almost all the realities they visit are inhabited strictly by Caucasians. Except, of course, for the egghead universe, wherein the black people are smart andrap about books. Wow, topsy turvy!

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor

I love the old "Sliders" TV shows and I own the whole set on DVD. It is very real and how I see the other Time Lines around us.

Whitelight

I watched a few episodes and liked it, but was younger and didn't bother to find out when it was on to watch more.