Supernatural and fantasy thinking about religion. Is it good or evil?

Gnostic Christian

Supernatural and fantasy thinking about religion. Is it good or evil?

We can scientifically explain the supernatural itch that some allow to control their thinking.

In children, this might be a good way of expanding their minds, but adults are asked to put away the things of children, which, to me, includes supernatural and fantasy thinking.

I use these to show substance dualism. I see this as a useful trait for us in nature but not for our spiritual and religious sides.

I see thinking supernaturally as a deterrent to knowing god, even as I promote fantasy thinking in the seeking of the best rulers and laws to live by, which is a good definition for god. After all, Moses, not that he was real, came down from the mountain with rules and laws and not some fantasy supernatural god.

The laws on earth can never be the same laws as in heaven and we can never reach the pinnacle of as above, so below.

Do you see supernatural thinking as childish or adult thinking?

Do you see supernatural thinking in childish as good?

Do you see supernatural thinking in adults as evil?

Regards
DL

alpha centauri

Is it good or evil?
Good.
Do you see supernatural thinking as childish or adult thinking?
Adult thinking.
Do you see supernatural thinking in childish as good?
good. Yes.
Do you see supernatural thinking in adults as evil?
No. Good.

I hope I helped you with these extensive answers.

I can also answer normally.
Supernatural thinking can be good or bad. It depends how you use it. Bad things were done with it and good things were done with it.
I it is not possible to generalize.

Or do you mean magical thinking?
This is more problematic. If you want to control somebody, it will be evil, If you want to use it to do good, it will be good.
The intent is important.

The laws on earth can never be the same laws as in heaven and we can never reach the pinnacle of as above, so below.
As above so below is a hermetic law. Or am i wrong and this is also in the bible?

Gnostic Christian

Good.

Adult thinking.

good. Yes.

No. Good.

I hope I helped you with these extensive answers.

I can also answer normally.
Supernatural thinking can be good or bad. It depends how you use it. Bad things were done with it and good things were done with it.
I it is not possible to generalize.

Or do you mean magical thinking?
This is more problematic. If you want to control somebody, it will be evil, If you want to use it to do good, it will be good.
The intent is important.

As above so below is a hermetic law. Or am i wrong and this is also in the bible?

On earth as it is in heaven.

The use of supernatural belief has been used by Christians to posit that a genocidal Yahweh is a good god.

Do you see that as good?

Regards
DL

alpha centauri

I answered in the spoiler, too.
The use of supernatural belief has been used by Christians to posit that a genocidal Yahweh is a good god.

Do you see that as good?
I dont think it was God that caused the genocides. This is either methaphorical for the evil in the human being and never happened like this or this really happened and it was some kind of a trickster being (fake God). The God Jesus described is also very different.
Havent I said that to you before? I dont know, but I think so.

Gnostic Christian

I answered in the spoiler, too.

I dont think it was God that caused the genocides. This is either methaphorical for the evil in the human being and never happened like this or this really happened and it was some kind of a trickster being (fake God). The God Jesus described is also very different.
Havent I said that to you before? I dont know, but I think so.

So a trickster managed to screw up the bible. Ok.

I do not recall Jesus speaking of Noah's flood.

Please inform me.

Regards
DL

alpha centauri

I do not recall Jesus speaking of Noah's flood.

Please inform me.
Jesus spoke of a loving God not of a wrathful and jealous God. So it cannot be the same. The flood was natural, I think. And the Godly providence helped the people survive around the world. The flood was at the end of the last Ice Age in my opinion. I think Atlantis fell around that time, too.

Last edited:

Gnostic Christian

Jesus spoke of a loving God not of a wrathful and jealous God.

True, but the bible shows differently and any casual look at the moral tenets the Jesus/Yahweh combo have shows that they are not worthy of a god nor a moral man.

My particular pet peeves are their no divorce for women and their substitutional punishment policies.

What do you think of those?

Regards
DL