Swimming to Increase Dopamine

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Human DNA could have ties to an aquatic environment. Maybe this is why swimming appears to increase dopamine. I noticed that it is impossible for me to be unhappy in a pool. I don't even have to be swimming per se. I can just walk, aqua jog, or float around. Any anxiety, anger, or sadness I have disappears.
Everyone in a pool is always smiling and happy. Could this be the result of DNA? Scientists claim they don't know why this happens.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
It could be similar to runneres high. Your body when swimming is forced to burn more calories to maintain a 98.6 body temperature. The would mean a higher heart rate and breathing rate.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
It could be similar to runneres high. Your body when swimming is forced to burn more calories to maintain a 98.6 body temperature. The would mean a higher heart rate and breathing rate.

True, but it happens just sitting in the water, too.

BlastTyrant

The only exercise i don't completely hate is swimming!
Back in my fitness/workout days i hated warming up on the bike or jogging but man put me in a pool and i could spend hours swimming/floating/diving etc..

Although i made the mistake of going really hard in the pool doing laps and not staying hydrated and almost passed out, still would do it again if i had a pool!