Tapatalk has been disabled

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Hi everyone,

This is a quick notice to let you know that Tapatalk has been disabled.

Why? Because they updated their ads policy, making it so that forums like ours, running on their free version, are forced to serve ads to their members. And they don't share the ad revenues with the forums. Not cool.

If you were using Tapatalk and really want it re-activated, let us know here.

Thanks.

Dribble

Hi everyone,

This is a quick notice to let you know that Tapatalk has been disabled.

Why? Because they updated their ads policy, making it so that forums like ours, running on their free version, are forced to serve ads to their members. And they don't share the ad revenues with the forums. Not cool.

If you were using Tapatalk and really want it re-activated, let us know here.

Thanks.

Although that sucks, it really makes things inconvenient for paid Tapatalk users like myself, I would really like to see this feature return as this web interface is hard to navigate on my phone.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Hi @Dribble,

I disabled the roll-up ads for registered members. That will make things much easier for all members to navigate the forum on mobile devices.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Thank you for feedback. What do you dislike when browsing the forum with your mobile browser?

imnotatimetraveler

Thank you for feedback. What do you dislike when browsing the forum with your mobile browser?

Sorry for the late reply - I didn't get the push notification through the browser version :) ha ha

A native app experience is far better than a browser. Performance being one example.

Posting is also quite tricky on a browser even if the forum is responsive and scales down to a mobile.

I use Tapatalk because I can keep all my forums in one place.

Viewing your forum in a browser isn't too bad but once you have used an app to view it then it's quite difficult to go back.

Wind7

Staff
Ahhh....this explains why I cannot access this site through Tapatalk.

Haven't been here as much lately so.. I completely missed this notice.

:)

Negan

THE member
I quit using Tapatalk when they made a major change in the way it works. Don't recall when this was, but it's been a looong time since Tapatalk has been something I've cared to use. (Which sucks, I was an early adopter on both the app and forum integration.)