The Devil in the Milk

JTFriend

It sounds unscientific, I know. :) An Australian agriculture professor named Keith Woodford says there is research proving that the type of milk most people in America and Europe drink, A1, is from cows that have a genetic mutation called BCM-7 that makes the milk have narcotic effects. A2 milk is the original milk before the mutation and is safe:
Amazon.com: Devil in the Milk: Illness, Health, and the Politics of A1 and A2 Milk eBook: Keith Woodford, Thomas Cowan: Kindle Store

Some people online say milk bothers them; others say it's perfectly good. What is your experience with dairy?

TnWatchdog

I haven't had milk for years...I can't imagine sucking on the cow's tit so that turned me off. I think about all the chemicals they give the cows and all the chemicals on the grass the cows eat makes for a toxic milky beverage. I will do the almond milk once in a while and will do ice cream from time to time but not too often.

trekie4ever

I don't do cow milk either. Never was a fan of it but 4 months ago i had a bowl of cereal and had a flash of blood and pus in the milk and some guy saying "oh its pasteurized its OK." And selling it

Samstwitch

It sounds unscientific, I know. :) An Australian agriculture professor named Keith Woodford says there is research proving that the type of milk most people in America and Europe drink, A1, is from cows that have a genetic mutation called BCM-7 that makes the milk have narcotic effects. A2 milk is the original milk before the mutation and is safe:
Amazon.com: Devil in the Milk: Illness, Health, and the Politics of A1 and A2 Milk eBook: Keith Woodford, Thomas Cowan: Kindle Store

Some people online say milk bothers them; others say it's perfectly good. What is your experience with dairy?

I wonder if this applies to Organic Milk. That's what I drink. I must research.

Good information here! Thanks for posting. :)

VIDEO BELOW: There are more parts to the Video below on Youtube. Here is Part 1.

JTFriend

For years (over 20) I didn't drink it based on theories we've all heard- other animals don't drink milk, certain blood types (O) don't tolerate it, milk is a neolithic food that we haven't adapted to etc.

Last year I started reading Ray Peat, a biologist who specializes in metabolism and hormonal health. He says people can tolerate milk once they balance their hormones, heal the gut of endotoxin and fix any thyroid -related metabolic problems. So if you can't tolerate cow's milk, according to RP, it's a sign you're probably unhealthy..... this could be true but personally I've decided to drop milk based on DITM which probably provides the best reason not to drink it.