The dimension of time

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
You can play with the concept of mass all you like. But it doesn't actually exist in this universe. It is just a mathematical construct created to balance an equation.

A=B is an equation. But it isn't valid unless there is a proportionality constant. So it should be rewritten as A=kB. Where k is the proportionality constant. But in our universe that equation could be written as Gold=k(Bullshit). So what is k? We need some to convert the Bullshit into Gold. I suppose magic fairy dust would work. That is just exactly what science does with every equation written. Mass is the magic fairy dust. And as far as I know, no one has ever succeeded in changing Bullshit into Gold. So the science we are taught in school is just a religious belief system based in fiction.

tflofasho

Ok, that was too pretentious of me. I confused it. Let me keep it simpler.

mass is a dimension too. it's a dimension of space. It's a unit of measurement.

There is no mass, but there's a force and matter that both occupy the object.

tflofasho

It's like it goes back to the objective/subjective dichotomy. Or he mind/body problem. Which I basically completely specialized in when it came to cognitive science and learning theory.

tflofasho

Technically. Time doesn't have a direction either. It's only postulated to be linear like that. But there are ideas out there saying it's all over the place and not linear. Or a Quantic soup where future and past are also mixed with the present. Basically, temporal directions like past and future are locations relative to the observer.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Time apparently continues to exist whether motion is present or not. A real study of time could be done if under the presence or absence of each basic force.

They say time flows faster away from the earth. But that might not be true. It has been demonstrated that atomic weight or gravitational weight can influence how fast an atomic clock ticks. But what about charge based clocks? Or magnetic based clocks? Our whole concept of measuring time is based in belief rather than experimental observation.

tflofasho

Time has been defined as movement, and I do remember an experiment where 2 clocks calibrated and separated at different altitudes and travel have shown differences in the movement between the 2, of course the scrutiny can be said how either its because of the kinds of clocks they are and because they move at different rates. So it is still completely up to interpretation, considering there is no universal clock at all, same for language.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Time has been defined as movement, and I do remember an experiment where 2 clocks calibrated and separated at different altitudes and travel have shown differences in the movement between the 2, of course the scrutiny can be said how either its because of the kinds of clocks they are and because they move at different rates. So it is still completely up to interpretation, considering there is no universal clock at all, same for language.

I agree the interpretation could be deliberately misinterpreted. And statistically the experiment is insignificant. No one does experiments that way. It would be like flipping a coin just one time and declaring all coins fall heads up based on that one try.

Now there was a gravity probe one. It's funny how no one refers to that data gathering experiment.