The government wants you to download a program to use the internet.

Been-There-Done-That

Remember that I alerted all of you here about this: The U.S. Federal government is going to make it mandatory that everyone desiring to use the internet go to their .gov site and download a program that will give you access to the internet. If you opt out of doing this you will not be able to use the internet. You will have a deadline to do this and it is scheduled to end around July this year.
What do you think? I heard this on a Atlanta radio station WSB.

Time for the drones to hit the sky! Peace to you all.

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
So if I build a brand new computer this September, how am I supposed to get to the .gov site to download the program? What about network attached storage devices that can't necessarily have something installed on them, but access the internet? They would need to roll this out for every possible permutation of operating system, internet enabled appliance, mobile phone, etc.

Doesn't add up.

People are apathetic as shit about most things, but the internet won't be one of them. I'm not worried about it.

And, if by some small miracle this got pushed through, how long do you think it'd be before someone developed a crack or workaround? Not very fucking long, I'd wager.

Been-There-Done-That

I see your point but all I can tell you is what I heard on my way home from work. Seriously, you can not trust the government here in the U.S. and abroad concerning your freedom of speech. Look at Ted Nugent recently. I myself have to agree with you but to the masses of end-users that do not have the knowledge such as you stated they are vulnerable. I do know that there are many top ISP's that allow DHS to spy because they are threatened and trust me, no one threatens better than DHS and Fedreal agents. We have had many security meetings and briefings from the best and this is what they all say as well. BTW...These were open forums and seminars. This is what they do. The governments also extracts data, sites and email from everyone and these mostly are from social networking sites. Keywords set off a barracuda (look it up) It is the plan of DHS to know everything they can about you to insure that another 911 does not happen. This is all a farce to know who, what, where and when. Bet you did not know that they have had millions of interviews of suspected anti-government internet web site owners/ users and they turned up nothing. Money well spent? yes, and no! Peace to you and all.