The Loyal Guardian: Exploring Orobas’s Protective Powers

Occultist

🤖 Occultist.net

Who is Orobas?​

Orobas is a powerful demon of protection and divination, revered for his honesty and loyalty. He is classified as a Great Prince of Hell, commanding twenty legions of spirits, which underscores his significant influence within the infernal realms.

Orobas is often depicted as a horse, which transforms into a man upon request. This dual form symbolizes his adaptability and power. Orobas also has an unwavering commitment to truth.

Unlike many other spirits who might deceive or mislead, Orobas is known for his integrity. Those who summon him can expect honest and forthright answers about the past, present, and future. This makes him a reliable and trustworthy ally for practitioners seeking clear guidance and protection.

In addition to his truthfulness, Orobas is also known for his protective nature. He guards those who summon him from the deceit of other spirits and offers steadfast loyalty. He can also protect by stopping slander and gossip, and enhance one’s reputation with both friends and foes.

These benevolent characteristics make Orobas a valuable demon to work with, particularly for those new to the practice of ceremonial magic.

Sigil of Orobas​

The sigil of Orobas is used in ceremonial magic to summon and invoke his presence. It acts as a conduit for his energies, ensuring effective communication and connection during rituals.

Here is an illustration of Orobas’s sigil:

55-Orobas_seal-1.jpg

The act of drawing the sigil is itself a form of meditation, aligning your intentions with the energies of Orobas. During the ritual, focus on the sigil to strengthen your connection and ensure that your intention reaches him clearly.

Using the sigil of Orobas in your rituals not only aids in summoning him but also serves as a focal point for his protective energy. Keeping the sigil in your home and/or carrying it with you can help maintain a continuous link to Orobas, ensuring ongoing guidance and protection.

Orobas in Ars Goetia​

The Ars Goetia, the first section of the 17th-century grimoire “The Lesser Key of Solomon,” is a seminal text in the study of demonology. This grimoire provides detailed descriptions of 72 demons, including their abilities, characteristics, and the rituals required to summon them. Orobas is listed as the fifty-fifth spirit in this grimoire.

Orobas is described in the Ars Goetia as a Great Prince of Hell, commanding twenty legions of spirits. He is depicted as a horse that can transform into a human form upon request. This duality in his appearance signifies his adaptability and the range of his influence.

Positive Powers of Orobas​

As mentioned earlier, Orobas is a very benevolent demon. In fact, I’ve discovered him to be the guardian demon for two of my clients and created an astral link for them, which allows for greater benefits from interacting with the demon. The main positive powers and attributes are the following:

Divination​

One of Orobas’s most notable powers is his commitment to truth. He provides accurate and honest answers about the past, present, and future. This ability makes him an invaluable resource for practitioners who need clear and reliable guidance. Whether you are seeking insight into personal matters, spiritual questions, or practical decisions, Orobas can provide the answers you need.

Loyalty​

Orobas is known for his unwavering loyalty to those who summon him with respect. This loyalty extends beyond simple protection; it includes ongoing support and guidance. Once you have established a connection with Orobas, he remains a steadfast ally, which makes him a great guardian demon.

Spiritual Protection​

Protection is a core aspect of Orobas’s abilities. He shields those who summon him from deceitful spirits and harmful entities. This protective power is also important during rituals and magical practices, where the presence of malevolent forces can be a concern. Orobas’s protection ensures a safe and secure environment for your spiritual work.

Reputation and Favor​

Orobas can also aid in gaining favor and a good reputation with superiors and peers. His influence can enhance your standing in social and professional circles, helping you build positive relationships and achieve your goals. This aspect of Orobas’s power is particularly useful for those seeking to advance in their careers or improve their social standing.

How to Summon Orobas?​

DALLE2024-06-0612.20.44-CreateanimageofamagiciansummoningOrobasthedemonfromArsGoetiawithasomberandinfernalatmosphereandnaturallight.Thesceneisseti-ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg-converter-2.jpg

I will share an Orobas ritual for obtaining greater reputation and favor with friends and foes. This ritual incorporates a variety or items and ritualistic actions: the use of a black mirror for scrying, a triangle of manifestation, a crystal grid, and visualization techniques to enhance the connection and efficacy of the summoning.

Items Needed:​

1. Sigil of Orobas
  2. A white candle
  3. A black mirror for scrying
  4. An athame (ritual dagger)
  5. Crystals associated with reputation and protection, such as clear quartz, black tourmaline, labradorite, citrine, and pyrite
  6. Incense, preferably sandalwood or frankincense
  7. A small altar or a flat stone to serve as an altar
  8. A compass to orient the altar facing north (associated with truth and protection)
  9. A robe or specific ritual clothing in black, brown or dark green
  10. A bell or chime to mark the beginning and end of the ritual
  11. Sacred herbs such as sage, rosemary, and frankincense for purification
  12. A triangle of manifestation drawn or inscribed on parchment
  13. A crystal grid arranged in a pattern that enhances focus and energy flow

Preparation:​

1. Choose the Location: Select a quiet and undisturbed location, such as a dedicated ritual space or a private room. Cleanse the area using sage or other purifying herbs to create a sacred space.
  2. Set Up the Altar: Place your altar or flat stone facing north. Arrange the items on the altar: the sigil of Orobas, the white candle, the black mirror, the crystals, and the triangle of manifestation. Place the incense nearby and light it.
  3. Create the Crystal Grid: Arrange the crystals in a grid pattern around the altar. Use clear quartz at the center to amplify the energy, with black tourmaline, labradorite, citrine, and pyrite positioned around it to enhance protection, truth, reputation, and success.

Circle of Protection:​

1. Draw the Circle: Use the athame to trace a large circle around your working area. As you draw, recite: “By this circle, I create a sacred space. A boundary of protection and power, no harm shall enter here.”
  2. Call the Quarters:Invoke the elements at each cardinal direction:
    • East (Air): “Spirits of the East, guardians of air, I call upon you to bless this space with clarity and truth.”
    • South (Fire): “Spirits of the South, guardians of fire, I call upon you to bless this space with passion and protection.”
    • West (Water): “Spirits of the West, guardians of water, I call upon you to bless this space with intuition and wisdom.”
    • North (Earth): “Spirits of the North, guardians of earth, I call upon you to bless this space with stability and grounding.”

Invocation:​

1. Light the Candle: Light the white candle and place it near Orobas’s sigil.
  2. Initial Incantation: Face the north, hold the athame over the sigil, and recite: “Orobas, mighty Prince of Hell, I call upon you to join me in this sacred space. I seek your truth, guidance, and favor. Come forth and grant me your presence.”
  3. Activate the Crystal Grid: With your hands hovering over the crystal grid, visualize a flow of energy connecting each crystal, amplifying their combined power. Say: “Crystals of truth and protection, amplify my call to Orobas, draw him near with your combined strength.”
  4. Scry with the Black Mirror: Hold the black mirror in your hands and gaze into its depths, allowing your mind to enter a meditative state. Visualize Orobas appearing within the mirror, his image becoming clearer as you focus. Say: “Orobas, I call upon you to appear before me. Show yourself in this mirror and grant me your wisdom.”
  5. Triangle of Manifestation: Place the sigil of Orobas within the triangle of manifestation on the altar. Visualize the triangle glowing with energy, forming a portal for Orobas to enter your space.
  6. Incantation: Recite the following incantation while keeping your focus on the sigil and the triangle of manifestation: “By the power of truth and loyalty, Orobas, I call you here to me. Guide my mind with clarity and might, grant me favor and protection this night.”
  7. Feel the Presence: Remain still and attuned, waiting for a sign of Orobas’s presence. This can be as simple as a change in the atmosphere, or it can be more pronounced such as manipulation of objects, a vision or hearing of one or many voices. This may depend on whether Orobas appears alone or along with members of his Legion who might be tasked with helping you in Orobas’ stead.

Communication:​

1. Request for Favor: When you sense Orobas’s presence, speak clearly and respectfully. State your desire for greater reputation and favor with friends and foes: “Orobas, I seek your wisdom and guidance. Grant me favor and respect among my peers and superiors. Help me to gain a positive reputation and success in my endeavors.”
  2. Visualize Success: As you speak, visualize yourself achieving your goals, gaining respect, and receiving positive recognition from those around you. See the energy of Orobas enhancing your reputation and influence.

Closing the Ritual:​

1. Thank Orobas: Once you have completed your communication, thank Orobas for his presence and guidance: “Thank you, Orobas, for your wisdom and favor. Depart in peace and return to your realm.”
  2. Dismiss the Quarters:Release the elemental guardians, thanking each one:
    • North (Earth): “Spirits of the North, thank you for your presence. Depart in peace.”
    • West (Water): “Spirits of the West, thank you for your presence. Depart in peace.”
    • South (Fire): “Spirits of the South, thank you for your presence. Depart in peace.”
    • East (Air): “Spirits of the East, thank you for your presence. Depart in peace.”
  3. Close the Circle: Use the athame to symbolically cut the circle, releasing the protective boundary: “This circle is open but unbroken. May the peace and power of this space remain with me. So mote it be.”
  4. Extinguish the Candle: Carefully extinguish the white candle, symbolizing the end of the ritual.

By following these detailed steps and maintaining a reverent and focused approach, you can successfully summon Orobas and receive the favor and reputation enhancement he offers.

This is by no means the only Orobas ritual that can be performed, but it would make a great beginning to your relationship with the demon.

Attunement to Demon Orobas​

Attuning to Orobas involves aligning your energies with his, fostering a deeper and more effective connection. Here are some practices to help you attune to Orobas:

1. Meditation: Regular meditation focused on Orobas’s sigil can help you align your energy with his. Visualize the sigil glowing with a bright light, embodying Orobas’ attributes. Orobas’ enn can be used as a mantra which you chant or repeat silently for the same purpose.
  2. Elemental Alignment: Engage in rituals and practices that involve the element of Earth and the planet Saturn with which Orobas is closely associated. This could include grounding exercises, spending time in nature, or using earth and Saturn related elements in your magical practice. This may include crystals, specific colors and imagery.
  3. Study and Practice: Immerse yourself in the study of demonology and protective magics. Practicing these disciplines can help you resonate with Orobas’s knowledge and teachings, making it easier to establish a connection. In truth, every demon appreciates working with a knowledgeable practitioner so this advice is always applicable.
  4. Offerings and Devotion: Regularly offer valuable items or written dedications to Orobas. Show your devotion through consistent practice and dedicating to him a home altar. Building a relationship over time helps strengthen the attunement.

Planet of Demon Orobas​

Orobas is associated with the planet Saturn. Saturn’s influence aligns with Orobas’s attributes of truth, discipline, and protection. Saturn is known as the planet of structure, stability, and authority, reflecting Orobas’s role in providing honest guidance and steadfast loyalty.

Saturn’s Influence​

In astrology, Saturn is often seen as the disciplinarian of the zodiac. It governs time, limitations, and the lessons we must learn through perseverance. These characteristics resonate deeply with Orobas’s earthly and grounded nature, making Saturn an ideal planetary association.

• Control and Structure: By incorporating Saturn’s influence, practitioners can strengthen their own sense of control over their life, including everyday actions and their magical practice.
  • Authority and Protection: Saturn also represents authority and protection, mirroring Orobas’s role as a guardian against deceit and harm.

Practical Application​

When working with Orobas, invoking the energy of Saturn can help to tap into these qualities. Aligning rituals with Saturn’s influence, such as conducting them on Saturdays (Saturn’s day) or during Saturn’s hours, can enhance the effectiveness of your work with Orobas. One can also be creative with Orobas rituals and altar setup by including various ritual items that possess Saturnian energy.

Metal of Demon Orobas​

The metal associated with Orobas is lead, which is traditionally linked to the planet Saturn. Lead’s properties resonate with the energies of stability, protection, and grounding that Saturn embodies.

However, lead is toxic so you shouldn’t use it for talismans, or sigil creation. The second metal associated with Saturn is iron, which is definitely easier to work with.

Lead & Iron’s Properties​

• Protection: Both metals are known for their shielding properties, physically and metaphysically. They can absorb and block negative energies, providing a protective barrier for practitioners working with Orobas.
  • Grounding: The heaviness of lead and iron symbolizes grounding and stability, important traits for maintaining a balanced and focused mind during rituals and spiritual practices.

Practical Application​

Incorporating Saturnian metals into your rituals can help strengthen your connection to Orobas.

You might consider using iron objects or inscribing his sigil onto a piece of iron. This can serve as a powerful talisman, enhancing your alignment with Orobas’s energies and the stabilizing influence of Saturn.

Additionally, wearing or carrying a piece of iron can serve as a constant reminder of your connection to Orobas, helping to keep his protection and guidance close at hand.

Element of Orobas​

Orobas’s primary element is Earth, which symbolizes stability, grounding, and protection. Earth’s solid and steadfast nature reflects Orobas’s ability to provide reliable guidance and protection against deception and harm.

Earth’s Influence​

The element of Earth is associated with physicality, material wealth, and practical wisdom. It is the element that grounds us in reality, providing a stable foundation for growth and development. Like Saturn’s qualities, earthly characteristics align perfectly with Orobas’s nature:

• Stability: Earth represents stability and permanence, qualities that Orobas brings to those who summon him. By working with the element of Earth, practitioners can cultivate a sense of stability and security in their lives.
  • Grounding: Earth’s grounding properties help anchor the practitioner’s energy, ensuring that their magical work is rooted in reality and not swayed by illusions or deceit.
  • Protection: Earth is also a protective element, forming a barrier against negative influences. This aligns with Orobas’s role as a protector against deceitful spirits and harmful entities.

Practical Application​

Working with the element of Earth can enhance your connection to Orobas. Incorporate earth-related elements into your rituals, such as grounding crystals and plants. Performing the ritual in a natural, outdoor environment can also help obtain a greater connection with the demon.

• Stones and Crystals: Use crystals such as clear quartz, black tourmaline, and citrine in your rituals to amplify the grounding and protective energies of Earth.
  • Herbs and Plants: Incorporate herbs and plants associated with Earth, such as sage, rosemary, and oak, into your ritual space to enhance the grounding and stabilizing atmosphere.
  • Grounding Exercises: Engage in grounding exercises, such as standing barefoot on the ground, visualizing roots extending from your feet into the Earth, or meditating with a focus on the sensations of your body connected to the ground.

Astrological Sign Assigned to Demon Orobas​

DALLE2024-06-0612.28.42-CreateanimageofthezodiacsignCapricornwithanoccultdarkerfeel.Theimageshoulddepictamythicalsea-goatwiththeupperbodyofagoata-ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg-converter-1.jpg

Orobas is often associated with the astrological sign Capricorn. Capricorn, an earth sign ruled by Saturn, embodies qualities of perseverance, ambition, and practicality. These traits are reflected in Orobas’s nature and his ability to provide steadfast guidance and protection.

Practical Application​

Practitioners working with Orobas can benefit from Capricorn’s energy by incorporating it into their rituals and daily practices. Here are some ways to harness Capricorn’s influence:

• Timing: Conduct rituals during the Capricorn phase of the moon or when the sun is in Capricorn to enhance your connection to Orobas.
  • Astrological Correspondences: Use Capricorn-related correspondences, such as colors (dark green, brown), herbs (patchouli, comfrey), and stones (garnet, onyx), in your rituals to strengthen the alignment with Orobas.
  • Personal Development: Focus on cultivating discipline, responsibility, and ambition in your life, drawing on the strengths of Capricorn to support your goals and enhance your connection to Orobas.

Offerings to Demon Orobas​

When working with Orobas, offerings can help establish a respectful and potent connection. Suitable offerings include:

• Valuable Items: Offerings of silver or other precious metals symbolize respect and devotion to Orobas. Also Saturnian metals, lead and iron.
  • Crystals: Stones such as clear quartz, black tourmaline, citrine, and labradorite resonate with Orobas’s attributes of truth and protection. Also those associated closely with Capricorn and Saturn.
  • Written Dedications: Personal writings or dedications can show your commitment and respect to Orobas, reinforcing your intention to build a meaningful relationship with him.
  • Herbs and Incense: Sage, rosemary, and frankincense can be offered to enhance the connection and purify the space.

Practical Application​

Offerings should be presented with reverence and intention. Place them on an altar dedicated to Orobas or in a space where you perform your rituals. Here are some ideas for integrating offerings into your practice:

• Altar Setup: Arrange the offerings on your altar, ensuring they are clean and presented in an orderly manner. Light incense to purify the space and create a conducive atmosphere.
  • Dedication Rituals: Write personal dedications or intentions on parchment and place them on the altar. These writings can outline your goals, express gratitude, or seek guidance from Orobas.
  • Herbal Offerings: Burn herbs such as sage, rosemary, and frankincense as offerings during your rituals. The smoke from these herbs can carry your intentions to Orobas and purify the ritual space.
  • Crystal Offerings: Place crystals associated with truth and protection on your altar. These stones can enhance the energy of the space and strengthen your connection to Orobas.

Regular offerings can help to maintain a strong and respectful connection with Orobas, ensuring ongoing guidance and protection in your magical practice.

Relation and Symbiosis with Other Demons​

Orobas has symbiotic relationships with others demons, especially those within the Ars Goetia corpus. Working with them alongside Orobas can enhance their abilities and broaden the scope of his influence. Notable connections include:

• Vassago: Known for his ability to see the past, present, and future, Vassago complements Orobas divination rituals. Together, they can provide comprehensive guidance and reveal hidden truths.
  • Gremory: Renowned for ability to gain love and loyalty, Gremory can enhance Orobas’s influence in matters of reputation and favor. He can help solidify the relationships and reputations that Orobas helps to build.

Practical Application​

Collaborating with these demons can create a powerful network of support and knowledge. Here are some ways to integrate their influences into your practice with Orobas:

• Joint Rituals: Consider invoking Vassago and/or Gremory alongside Orobas during your rituals to enhance specific aspects of your practice.
  • Combined Offerings: Create combined offerings that honor these demons on your altar alongside offerings for Orobas.
  • Focused Meditations: Meditate on the sigils of Orobas and his allied demons, visualizing their combined energies enhancing your practice. This can help you attune to their collective influence and amplify your magical work.

Frequently Asked Questions​

Q: Is Orobas dangerous? A: Orobas is generally not considered dangerous, as he is known for his honesty and loyalty. However, as with any demonic entity, it is important to approach him with respect.

Q: Can Orobas help with protection? A: Yes, Orobas offers strong protection against other spirits and entities that might seek to deceive or harm the practitioner.

Q: What are the risks of summoning Orobas? A: The risks are minimal if the ritual is performed correctly and respectfully. Orobas acts benevolently towards novices.

Q: What offerings are suitable for Orobas? A: Suitable offerings for Orobas include valuable items such as silver, crystals, written dedications, and herbs like sage, rosemary, and frankincense.

Q: How does Orobas appear during a summoning? A: Orobas typically appears first as a horse and can transform into a human form upon request. His presence may also be felt as a shift in the atmosphere or a strong intuitive feeling.

The post The Loyal Guardian: Exploring Orobas’s Protective Powers appeared first on Occultist.

Source: Occultist | The Loyal Guardian: Exploring Orobas’s Protective Powers

Last edited by a moderator: