Forum Game The Random Thread - Videos, Memes and Jokes

TimeFlipper

I had always wondered just whom Queen were on about
with their song 'Death On Two Legs'.....Wow.
I enjoyed seeing the analogue 8 track mixer/recorder used by Queen for their older music recordings...I still have my trusty old analogue 4 track mixer/recorder Windy ;) :D..

Attachments

• DSC_0164.JPG
    6.7 MB · Views: 2

TimeFlipper

I remember recording with one of those as well, TF!

Those were the days!!

:)(y)
I used to do lots of "Track bouncing/mixing down", especially on my vocals, until i finally ran out of useable space on my multitracker :D..
The dbx noise reduction was a God send for me and i used it all the time, even on the final mix down to my master 2 track recorder which became the "Master Copy" for duplicating tapes from, that my many "followers" demanded listening to, they were all my family members actually Windy ;):LOL:...

Another God send was swapping an old expander/limiter for a Fostex MN-15 compressor/mixer that had a fixed 6 to 1 compression ratio which was perfect for recording vocals on, it did away with microphone "technique" and i could sing at the top of my voice without creating any distortion :LOL:..
I used my Carlsboro PA for the reverb and the only other device i used was a Guyatone Chorus pedal (i wish i still had it) for guitar and vocals (y)..

Did you notice how literally time flies by when youre immersed in a recording session?....The longest time for me was 8 hours with a pit stop for a piss, all for just for one song, "I hear You Knocking"....Most of my spare time in the mid 1980s was taken up with recording something for myself or another person...My 2 boys were very young and fortunately never woke up during my recording times, my wife also never woke up thankfully :sleep:..

Do you have anything to tell the TimeFlipper about the fun times you had with your own multitracker?, i could go on all night telling you my stuff Windy, but i will shut up for now :censored: :D..