Media Time Machine Mad Man Marcus

Carl Miller

Art Bell interviewed a 21 yr old man affectionately dubbed as Mad Man Marcus who lives in Missouri. The show with Marcus was aired from Coast to Coast Radio in the dead hours of 12-12-97 and it attracted so much attention from the listeners that although a long period of time have elapsed the story is still being retold. It all began when Art read on a newspaper the headline 'Kansas City Man Tries to Built Time Machine on Porch'. Long story short-He built a small model of (what meant to be a time machine) -where he used a lazer refleted by a CD. In ancient times we are told- let's say 'The Jacob's Ladder' they got a strange effect -a mysterious foggy shimmering light emanating from The Arc of Covert a screw would have been thrown at the Arc and simply dissapeared to another dimension. Marcus appropriated (stole) six power transformers from an electrical company and made a giant model in his home. He got a big 'Jacob Ladder' he extracted all power from the neighborhood and the power blacked out it is where the police enters. Marcus goes to jail. I could not help it laughing at this when i first heard the story. I remember i had been upset from something unpleasant at work and as i belly .laughed at this my mood shifted miraculously to the better. I am listening to the story once again amused at seeing on the screen the hillarious picture of Art Bell sitting on his working armchair wearing a weird hat made out of a handkerchief. Search for it on YouTube and try not to laugh at it.

Last edited:

Carl Miller

There seems to be no updates, nothing new. My take is that the gov. and military must have hired Mad Man Marcum's skills and we would find him working for the gov. in one of those secret projects. Anyway it is undeniable that from Mad, Marcum only has got the name. We are talking about a very intelligent guy.

Last edited:

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
The last I heard was from Art Bell on one of the Dark Matter shows last year. Art mentioned that he had talked with Madman Marcum. But he never alluded to what was conveyed during their conversation. At the time I kind of got the idea that there was going to be another update to the story. But Art left the show because of issues with SiriusXM. So the Madman Marcum update never happened.

Carl Miller

Art Bell is back and last Monday's night show mentioned Mad Man Marcum and his Time Machine Project. Most probably a blue bird must have read what has been written on Mad Man Marcum here. Anyway, Art Bell told we could find anything about Mad Man Marcum on his website. I searched high and low and did not find any Mad Man Marcum update so far.