Chronovisor [TimeTravelForum.net] Russian Nukes

obscenic

1702425185925.png

The Time Travel Forum

The Time Travel Forum! The largest time travel discussion board on the Internet. Free Memberships!
IPB
TTF RulesTime Travel Library
Gallery Member Map HelpSearchMembersCalendarLive Chat BLOGStorePortal

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> The Time Travel Forum > Time Travelers > Ones you have read about > John Titor
Collapse
> Site Affiliates

3 Pages 1 2 3 > Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll
Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+
> Russian Nukes

Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
obscenic post Nov 17 2004, 12:01 PM
Post #1

Pythagoras

Group: Members
Member No.: 481

Saw this in the news this morning:

Titor said they'd attack us in 2015, so it looks like they're getting an early start eh? I suppose between this, the 2004 election, and the accelerating signs of "Western instability," we are pretty much right on track.

And in response to those who think that Titor has missed the mark on a lot of his predictions thus far: Didn't he often claim that his worldline and ours were very similar but not exactly the same? Why would you expect all his predictions to be right on target?
User is offlineProfile CardPM Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
StarLord post Nov 17 2004, 02:10 PM
Post #2

Lord of Time & Space,Grand Vizier Of The Sidhee
Group Icon

Group: Lord of Time and Space
Member No.: 44

Yes, even more so when your dealing with fiction and the golden 2% solution.
+Quote Post
icepick_lobotomy post Nov 17 2004, 02:10 PM
Post #3

Plato

Group: Banned
Member No.: 475

Looks like all the building blocks for a titor apocalypse are here... Now i just wonder if it's already started and the media just isn't reporting it.
+Quote Post
StarLord post Nov 17 2004, 02:13 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

If the lights go out, your radio and TV no longer work and you just heard a very loud boom, then you will know that something really big is about to happen.
+Quote Post
obscenic post Nov 17 2004, 03:12 PM
Post #5

Pythagoras

Member No.: 481

LOL Starlord.

My point was not to defend John Titor as real, but just to try and poke some holes in the theory that this is all a hoax just because the details don't add up.

What can I say? This is why I didn't try out for the debate team in highschool.

Also getting back to the Russian nuclear program. There's some talk that this is all a bunch of bluster on Putin's part, and that the Russian military is a shambles and is in no way a threat. But if Russia is starting to focus on weapons development now, that would give them 10 years to get their act together, by Titor's clock. And developing nuclear warheads is probably much more cost-effective than putting together a whole army. Does this really seem all that unrealistic?
+Quote Post
karizma post Nov 17 2004, 03:22 PM
Post #6

Simply Smashing
Group Icon

Group: Movie Buff
Member No.: 50

I don't see this as being totally unrealistic. It is highly likely that we as a nation have made so many new enemies in the past two years someone is bound to step up.

Karizma
+Quote Post
StarLord post Nov 17 2004, 03:23 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

You're doing just fine.

As to the missles, they have been stuck in the "Hold the largest Ax Handle" mode for decades. It's possibly a response to our own behind the scenes up grading.
+Quote Post
Tw0mey post Nov 17 2004, 03:42 PM
Post #8

Pythagoras

Member No.: 106

QUOTE(obscenic @ Nov 17 2004, 11:01 AM)

Titor said they'd attack us in 2015, so it looks like they're getting an early start eh? I suppose between this, the 2004 election, and the accelerating signs of "Western instability," we are pretty much right on track.

And in response to those who think that Titor has missed the mark on a lot of his predictions thus far: Didn't he often claim that his worldline and ours were very similar but not exactly the same? Why would you expect all his predictions to be right on target?

Whew, so our timelines aren't exactly the same, so there may not be a war! Lets hope not.
+Quote Post
icepick_lobotomy post Nov 17 2004, 04:11 PM
Post #9

Plato

QUOTE(Tw0mey @ Nov 17 2004, 03:42 PM)
QUOTE(obscenic @ Nov 17 2004, 11:01 AM)

Whew, so our timelines aren't exactly the same, so there may not be a war! Lets hope not.

I thought there was already a war?

This post has been edited by icepick_lobotomy: Nov 17 2004, 04:12 PM
+Quote Post
Paul J. Lyon post Nov 17 2004, 05:10 PM
Post #10

Grand Imam of the Secular Humanist Evolutionist Liberals
Group Icon

Group: Temporal Clergy
Member No.: 42

QUOTE(obscenic @ Nov 17 2004, 06:01 PM)

So let's see: if some of what happens resembles Titor's predictions, he is a true prophet?

Believe me, we didn't need the 2004 election, or any other big event over the past few decades, to prove to us the decline of our civilization or the danger of social instability. I could have told you we were doomed when they made the movie Love Story ("Love means never having to die of leukemia," remember?).

Further proof: Reality TV shows.

According to some prophets, Jesus will soon return. According to others, he is due to return momentarily and send the majority of us to the Lake of Fire. According to some in the past, this was to have happened in 1844... in 1988... you name it.

According to some, we will soon live in a ruined landscape of unendurable winter. According to others, it will be one long summer.

According to Titor, there will be a series of Waco-type events beginning in 2004 and increasing in severity; there will be obvious evidence of the government suspension of our rights near this past election, including searches of the homes of innocent citizens. According to Titor, also, this may be a little different than he predicts, but not by more than 2%. To me, this means 2% more or less social upheaval and government bullying.

I would estimate that we are at about a one-quarter to one-third divergence from the Titor scenario at present-- in a rapidly-changing environment, though, so keep your hopes up and you may just get your nuclear war.
+Quote Post
icepick_lobotomy post Nov 17 2004, 06:22 PM
Post #11

Plato

Why are some of you people so down on the apocalypse? I guess you like getting up everyday and going to work in a mediocre world filled with christian morality.

This post has been edited by icepick_lobotomy: Nov 17 2004, 06:23 PM
+Quote Post
StarLord post Nov 17 2004, 06:50 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

Not me, I like a BBQ like the next man. I'ts putting up with people that practice the golden rule and basicly have best wishes for you in their hearts that will burn most people up.
+Quote Post
CaryP post Nov 17 2004, 06:54 PM
Post #13

Keep smiling, it get's a lot worse from here.
Group Icon

Group: Ragin' Cajun
Member No.: 33

QUOTE(icepick_lobotomy @ Nov 17 2004, 07:22 PM)
Why are some of you people so down on the apocalypse? I guess you like getting up everyday and going to work in a mediocre world filled with christian morality.

uh, well icepick the apocalypse would be a bad thing. I do like getting up and going to work, but then I own my business, so I get some amount of freedom with that. The Christian morality ain't my problem, it's the un-Christian morality that's being force fed. That and rap music, which is on TV now. Thank God it's only temporary.

Cary
+Quote Post
Darkwolf post Nov 17 2004, 08:35 PM
Post #14

Galileo

Member No.: 345

This post has been edited by icepick_lobotomy: Today, 06:23 PM

I like it a hell of alot better than crawling around in the mud, dodging bullets, and nearly starving. Do you actually WANT this to happen? If thats your chosen lifestyle, cool if you are smart and in shape, go to your local recruiting office and ask for the fast track to special forces. Then you can go to wherever the apocalipse is happening this week to your heart's content.
User is online!Profile CardPM Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
icepick_lobotomy post Nov 17 2004, 11:33 PM
Post #15

Plato

If thats your chosen lifestyle, cool if you are smart and in shape, go to your local recruiting office and ask for the fast track to special forces. .

Are you implying they let smart people in the military? lol
+Quote Post
« Next Oldest · John Titor · Next Newest »
Enter Keywords

3 Pages 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

|---- John Titor

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd December 2004 - 07:34 PM
Invision Power Board v2.0.0 © 2004 IPS, Inc.
Registered to: The Time Travel Forum

Last edited by a moderator: