Chronovisor [TimeTravelForum.tk] Have you've seen the matrix? wanna discuss it?

infinity_kubed

1702413258934.png

Welcome To The Time Travel Forum!! This Site Is NOW *Officially* Live!!! Remember To READ THE FORUM RULES Before You Post Anything!! ... IF YOU'RE A *REAL* TIME TRAVELLER, PLEASE CONTACT US HERE - WE'D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!! CONTACT ME - FAX/VOICEMAIL: 1-309-4020-451, EMAIL: [email protected]

· Forum Rules · Portal Help Search Members Calendar
Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

Contact Us
Gavin (Admin): FAX/VOICEMAIL NUMBER: 1-309-4020-451, EMAIL: [email protected]
Search:
Everything
Keywords:
Go
The Time Travel Forum (http://www.TimeTravelForum.tk)->TIME-TRAVEL IN THE MEDIA!!! PLUS ... Books, Movies, Other Websites etc.->~ Time-Travel Movies! ~ Discuss them here ...

Forum Rules Please Read The Forum Rules & Disclaimer!

Have you've seen the matrix? wanna discuss it?
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
infinity_kubed Posted: Nov 13 2003, 10:52 PM

ikubed

Group: Members
Member No.: 114

after just finishing my second viewing of the matrix revolutions, i am feeling in the mood to discuss other experiences and interpritations.

if you haven't seen it yet, and don't want any prior insight to its content, it may be in your best intrest to view another topic?

otherwise, come on in.........

P.S - any other discussion on the subect of the Matrix, would also be welcomed.

--------------------
life doesn't always work out according to plan;
so be aware of what you've got!!

Phoenix Posted: Nov 14 2003, 04:07 AM

Group Icon

Group: Moderating Team
Member No.: 21

When I see it I will be sure to post. I think many subjects the movies address, free will, fate, reality, illusion, are appropriate discussion on a time travel board.

ToxicRevival Posted: Feb 2 2004, 05:23 PM

Time Travel Enthusiast

Member No.: 339

Revolutions dissapointed me immensley. There are no words for the profound loss I felt when viewing it. I feel they let us down with the supposed plot "Twist's" I was hoping for some better explenations of "Neo's" Powers outside the matrix, A whole matrix withen a matrix theory, becuase the brothers seem to have forgot the definition of a matrix. No, There is nothing further I can comment on, I just feel it isnt worth the discussion.

Patrick

--------------------
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Maddog Posted: Feb 7 2004, 12:36 PM

Time Travel Beginner

Member No.: 220

It doesn’t give you all the answers, you know why?

Because there are no answers, only the questions and the beliefs we have about those answers. In the creation of any religion, the answers are never written out, clearly stated for all to understand.

In Matrix Revolutions, the mysteries of that universe have to be preserved, because the only answers are found in one's own contemplation of what you've seen, experienced and sought to understand. The whole point of God isn't to give you the answers, but to give you the strength to attain those answers for yourself.

None of us know for sure what “it” all means, but you know what… The Wachowski Brothers struck that balance that I loved in the original Matrix.

Here, I give a stuff about my characters again. The fights, this time they mean Life & Dëath again, not testing programs vs programs, or as a metaphor for whether or not you could “crack” the “meaning of the Matrix.”

This time, characters fight to be reunited with the people they love. They race to get back home. They fight desperate last stands to protect a way of life. They fight for the very existence of it all.

That's what was missing last time for me.

This time, the religious, psycho-babble mumbo-jumbo returns to the sub-text where it belongs, with characters caring about what was going on. Being afraid of what was next. Terrified about not being in control. And learning the lessons that lead to understanding and life.

Ultimately this film is a lot about what is going on in the world right now.

The Machines… They’re the United States and Capitalism. Ultimately they want society operating in the 9 to 5, eat your food, grab a movie, raise the kids, go to church and get back to work sort of daze. That’s the Machine way. Don’t worry about the “MEANING OF IT ALL” just do your job, be a battery and power the big society forward.

Neo, Morpheus, “the rebel alliance” – essentially… in a lot of ways… they’re the bad guys. You see, they’re stuffiing everything up. The come into our “Society” blow stuff up. Cause problems. Get all violent and stuff. Do little hit and run missions.

Neo is for his people… basically, he’s Bin Laden living in a cave somewhere… and the Machines… they’re drilling to put a stop to it all. Now, the problem is… the only person that can put a stop to “The War” on Tërrorism are the Tërrorists. Essentially, Bin Laden has to come forward, tell his people they’ll be ok, give himself up, negotiate a cease fire and allow his life to be the symbol of peaceful co-existence between both cultures. “The Machines” and “The Humans” “The Capitalist” and “The Fundamentalist Extremists”

What is Agent Smith?

Essentially, Agent Smith was Communism. If we are all the same, then there is no reason for violence. Resistance is Futile. Communism was fantastic as it represents an ideology that the Capitalist and the Extremists both hated. And it was spreading and taking over and trying to assimilate cultures and suppress belief systems.

Or you could say Agent Smith is that Born Again Christian type that is trying to eradicate another’s belief system… and ultimately – the elimination of both either politically, humanly or functionally is a move towards peace.

In the end… when the Big White Man meets the Oracle at the park with the little Indian/Pakistani girl at her side… Essentially the Big White Industrialist is saying, so… How long will this peace last?

And she is essentially the U.N. A governing body that tries to disrupt the all powerful and to give all sides a voice. She says, “As long as it can.”

Ultimately, it’s about reaching understandings by which both sides can co-exist and live. It’s about stopping the madness because it is madness. Because tearing each other apart is a waste of resources. The toil on both societies is counter-productive to co-habitation on this big green planet of ours.

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | ~ Time-Travel Movies! ~ Discuss them here ... | Next Newest »

Topic Options

- ~ Time-Travel Movies! ~ Discuss them here ...

Hosted for free by InvisionFree (Terms of Service: Updated 4/7/04) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3.0g © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0723 seconds

Recommended Books/Videos! coverBuy from Amazon.com coverBuy from Amazon.com coverBuy from Amazon.com coverBuy from Amazon.com coverBuy from Amazon.com coverBuy from Amazon.com
cover Buy from Amazon.com cover Buy from Amazon.com cover Buy from Amazon.com cover Buy from Amazon.com

Last edited by a moderator: