Chronovisor [TimeTravelForum.tk] More Science Than Fiction, About Physics, Time Travel and Space

MadIce

1702408122729.png

Welcome To The Time Travel Forum!! This Site Is NOW *Officially* Live!!! Remember To READ THE FORUM RULES Before You Post Anything!! ... IF YOU'RE A *REAL* TIME TRAVELLER, PLEASE CONTACT US HERE - WE'D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!! CONTACT ME - FAX/VOICEMAIL: 1-309-4020-451, EMAIL: [email protected]

· Forum Rules · Portal Help Search Members Calendar
Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

Contact Us
Gavin (Admin): FAX/VOICEMAIL NUMBER: 1-309-4020-451, EMAIL: [email protected]
Search:
All Products
Keywords:
Go
The Time Travel Forum (http://www.TimeTravelForum.tk)->*** Time-Travel Terminology ***->Definitions/Terminology

More Science Than Fiction, About Physics, Time Travel and Space
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
MadIce Posted: Feb 19 2004, 12:02 PM

Time Travel Beginner

Group: Members
Member No.: 415

No government agency could afford to be seen to be spending public money, on anything as way out as time travel. Instead, one has to use technical terms, like closed time like curves, which are code for time travel. -- Stephen Hawking.

I am a science fiction fan and love the idea that one day we can explore the universe and travel in time. At the same time I am skeptical and want to know what really can be achieved. When reading about it I soon found out that I needed some basic knowledge of Relativity. I began collecting the links I found on the net.

More Science Than Fiction 0 - Introduction.

-----

The links in Part 1 cover the basics of Special Relativity, General Relativity, Quantum Mechanics and String Theories. You'll also find information about Everett's Many Worlds Interpretation and Tegmark's Parallel Universes. You don't need any advanced math and physics skills to read the articles.

More Science Than Fiction 1 - Basics.

-----

In Part 2 of these series a few links which will help science fiction fans understanding the science behind hard science fiction. You'll also find a list of Time Travel SF writers.

More Science Than Fiction 2 - Science Fiction.

-----

Part 3 covers Time Travel and how to realize it. It does not cover the problem of paradoxes. I like to believe these are solved by Everett's Many Worlds Interpretation and Tegmark's Parallel Universes.

More Science Than Fiction 3 - Time Travel.

-----

Part 4 covers Cosmology, Quantum Gravity, the Big Bang, the Big Rip, Black Holes, our Galaxay and more.

More Science Than Fiction 4 - Space.

-----

Part 5 tries to satisfy the computing fan and the latest technologies like Quantum Computing, Spintronics and other technologies.

More Science Than Fiction 5 - Computing.

-----

Part 6 contains some (future) applications of Quantum Mechanics.

More Science Than Fiction 6 - Applications.

-----

Part 7 contains links for the Quantum Die Hard. It starts with introductions to Relativity and Quantum Mechanics. There is more information about Everett's Many Worlds Interpretation, exotic matter, why time travel may or may not be possible and more.

More Science Than Fiction 7 - Advanced.

--------------------
Time Travel Portal - An Open Discussion On Time Travel

Phoenix Posted: Feb 19 2004, 03:12 PM

Time Travel Super Expert
Group Icon

Group: Moderating Team
Member No.: 21

I can see you are fast becoming a valuable member of the forum MadIce. Thanks for the links. I will take the time to read them when I am not getting ready to leave in the morning. tongue.gif

IceSage Posted: Feb 24 2004, 02:43 PM

Goddess of Winter

Group: Members
Member No.: 585

I have not yet read the links, however... "Science Fiction" is indeed more "Science" than "fiction."

Most "science fiction" can be backed up by real scientifical, theoretical evidence. Using shuttles to launch into space at one point was considered "Science Fiction" now it's "fact."

Tomorrow might even bring news of more evidence that will exclude "time travel" as "fiction." But more of a fact.

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Definitions/Terminology | Next Newest »

Topic Options

- Definitions/Terminology

Hosted for free by InvisionFree (Terms of Service: Updated 9/10/03) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3.0e © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0724 seconds

Recommended Books/Videos! coverBuy from Amazon.com coverBuy from Amazon.com coverBuy from Amazon.com coverBuy from Amazon.com coverBuy from Amazon.com coverBuy from Amazon.com
cover Buy from Amazon.com cover Buy from Amazon.com cover Buy from Amazon.com cover Buy from Amazon.com

Last edited by a moderator: