Ufo caught on Video Near Mercury!!!

Peregrini

One possible explanation.

Magnetic field and magnetosphere

Main article: Mercury's magnetic field
Graph showing relative strength of Mercury's magnetic field
220px-Mercury_Magnetic_Field_NASA.jpg

Despite its small size and slow 59-day-long rotation, Mercury has a significant, and apparently global, magnetic field. According to measurements taken by Mariner 10, it is about 1.1% as strong as the Earth’s. The magnetic field strength at the Mercurian equator is about 300 nT.[66][67] Like that of Earth, Mercury's magnetic field is dipolar.[65] Unlike Earth, Mercury's poles are nearly aligned with the planet's spin axis.[68] Measurements from both the Mariner 10 and MESSENGER space probes have indicated that the strength and shape of the magnetic field are stable.[68]

It is likely that this magnetic field is generated by way of a dynamo effect, in a manner similar to the magnetic field of Earth.[69][70] This dynamo effect would result from the circulation of the planet's iron-rich liquid core. Particularly strong tidal effects caused by the planet's high orbital eccentricity would serve to keep the core in the liquid state necessary for this dynamo effect.[71]

Mercury’s magnetic field is strong enough to deflect the solar wind around the planet, creating a magnetosphere. The planet's magnetosphere, though small enough to fit within the Earth,[65] is strong enough to trap solar wind plasma. This contributes to the space weathering of the planet's surface.[68] Observations taken by the Mariner 10 spacecraft detected this low energy plasma in the magnetosphere of the planet's nightside. Bursts of energetic particles were detected in the planet's magnetotail, which indicates a dynamic quality to the planet's magnetosphere.[65]

During its second flyby of the planet on October 6, 2008, MESSENGER discovered that Mercury’s magnetic field can be extremely "leaky." The spacecraft encountered magnetic "tornadoes" – twisted bundles of magnetic fields connecting the planetary magnetic field to interplanetary space – that were up to 800 km wide or a third of the radius of the planet. These 'tornadoes' form when magnetic fields carried by the solar wind connect to Mercury's magnetic field. As the solar wind blows past Mercury's field, these joined magnetic fields are carried with it and twist up into vortex-like structures. These twisted magnetic flux tubes, technically known as flux transfer events, form open windows in the planet's magnetic shield through which the solar wind may enter and directly impact Mercury's surface.[72]

The process of linking interplanetary and planetary magnetic fields, called magnetic reconnection, is common throughout the cosmos. It occurs in Earth's magnetic field, where it generates magnetic tornadoes as well. The MESSENGER observations show the reconnection rate is ten times higher at Mercury. Mercury's proximity to the Sun only accounts for about a third of the reconnection rate observed by MESSENGER.[72]

65.^ a b c d e Beatty, J. Kelly; Petersen, Carolyn Collins; Chaikin, Andrew (1999). The New Solar System. Cambridge University Press. ISBN 0-521-64587-5.
66.^ Seeds, Michael A. (2004). Astronomy: The Solar System and Beyond (4th ed.). Brooks Cole. ISBN 0-534-42111-3.
67.^ Williams, David R. (January 6, 2005). "Planetary Fact Sheets". NASA National Space Science Data Center. Retrieved 2006-08-10.
68.^ a b c Staff (January 30, 2008). "Mercury’s Internal Magnetic Field". NASA. Retrieved 2008-04-07.
69.^ Gold, Lauren (May 3, 2007). "Mercury has molten core, Cornell researcher shows". Cornell University. Retrieved 2008-04-07.
70.^ Christensen, Ulrich R. (2006). "A deep dynamo generating Mercury's magnetic field". Nature 444 (7122): 1056–1058. Bibcode 2006Natur.444.1056C. doi:10.1038/nature05342. PMID 17183319.
71.^ Spohn, T.; Sohl, F.; Wieczerkowski, K.; Conzelmann, V. (2001). "The interior structure of Mercury: what we know, what we expect from BepiColombo". Planetary and Space Science 49 (14–15): 1561–1570. Bibcode 2001P&SS...49.1561S. doi:10.1016/S0032-0633(01)00093-9.
72.^ a b Steigerwald, Bill (June 2, 2009). "Magnetic Tornadoes Could Liberate Mercury's Tenuous Atmosphere". NASA Goddard Space Flight Center. Retrieved 2009-07-18.

Techciple

The way the image presented, it seemed huge and inanimate. As Peregrini suggests, the magnetic influence is great and unpredictable anywhere near Mercury. The presenter of the video eluded to 'cloaking' which was not only a stab in the dark, it was a king size guess. The magnetic vector is intense and varied anywhere near there so it's more likely to be just that(cloaking in that enviroment, as we understand it, would be problematic if not impossible)Don't say it, I know- but we don't have alien technology. I guess the problem I have with this video is pretty much what happens regularly. If one puts forward alternatives, they are shouted down as closed minded skeptics. Pretty much what proponents of the (alleged) sighting
do when one puts forward an alternative. Which is counterproductive. Science is accepted because it is tested and argued by peers of that particular field. It's not always right(as Mr Einstein's theory of relativity will illustrate), but at least there's dialogue, and not closed minded rhetoric (on both sides of the UFO debate).

I stand by this video as credible. As you did point out it is great size but it does not go in any orbital pattern but it's own direction. I have my own thoughts on the subject. There will always be debaters and skeptics. But there is also plenty of people who are not skeptic becuase they also have had experiences. And as far as the people who pretend to be skeptics on this site not directing this at you, there is a reason they are on a paranormal site. This is not a field or subject you seek out without personal experiences. Love and Light (((Vamp1r3Goddess)))

Techciple

I stand by this video as credible. As you did point out it is great size but it does not go in any orbital pattern but it's own direction. I have my own thoughts on the subject. There will always be debaters and skeptics. But there is also plenty of people who are not skeptic becuase they also have had experiences. And as far as the people who pretend to be skeptics on this site not directing this at you, there is a reason they are on a paranormal site. This is not a field or subject you seek out without personal experiences. Love and Light (((Vamp1r3Goddess)))

I mean no offence, but "I stand by this video as credible" is an interesting statement, why is it credible? Because it was on YouTube? Because you were told it's real? Or is it simply that your predisposed to all things U.F.O? In engineering we test and prove designs, concepts and theories before we use them, and I cant help but bring that mind-set along everywhere I go. And in all the years Iv'e lusted over all things paranormal(admittedly mainly relating to the afterlife), I have never seen a solid shred of evidence concerning U.F.O's. Unfortunately, all we have are grainy poor quality photo's and video, legends and conspiracy theories.. This however does not prove they don't exist, just that our criteria for evidence is at an all time low.

It is fine everyone is entitled to an opinion. No certainly not just because it was on youtube. If that was the only basis. I do have my own personal experiences concerning ufos that go back to childhood. ANd follows me to this day. And yea i do have photos. But some people would not believe in other life forms unless the ufo landed on their house. That is the down side to the debate for skeptics. And each have had their own experiences whether they share them or not. But my reach with ufo phenomennon goes way beyond the scope of a simple video posting. I just happened to like that one in paticular. It was relevant to me. As i said everyone is entitled to believe what they want how they want. That is what makes us individual. But I stand behind everything i say and beleive me if post something it has relevance. And I definitely don't do it on a random whim. But it is fine however you feel it is no matter to me. I posted it up there i know the skeptic will always come running. I usually overlook them in my book becuase i know what i have experienced. ANd I have nothing to prove to nobody. Vamp1r3Goddess