Wake Up Patting

eunoia

I will probably post many of my experiences in this forum but I will not clump them all into one post. I find there is less readers when you have a wall of text. :(

So two days ago I am alone in my room and decide to talk to my grandmother (whom has been dead for three years). Not to have a séance but just talking and not expecting her to reply or anything. Actually, I was asking for her to wish me luck with something next week.

Then I go to thinking, she has been dead for so long now, is she still even around? So I asked her to give me a sign. By this time I was crying. Every time I talk to her I cry because I miss her so much. I didn't get a sign.

Two nights later, 3:54am, I am awoken by someone patting my leg hard and quickly as if to say "Hey! Wake up!". But I heard nothing. I just felt it. And I flung up to look around to see who was waking me up. No one was there.

Nothing like that has ever happened to me. I wonder if that was her sign? It just seems a little strange that waking me up would be her sign. o_0

Has this (or something like this) ever happened to you?

Khaos

where the wild things are
Sounds like some sort of muscular spasm. I have those in my legs while I'm sleeping, they have woken me up before.

eunoia

Sounds like some sort of muscular spasm. I have those in my legs while I'm sleeping, they have woken me up before.

That was definitely something I considered when I woke up. I've never woken up from a muscle spasm before. This was much stronger than muscle spasm as well.

I wouldn't rule the possibility out completely. I sat up and was awake for a while and nothing happened. I just can't help but this it must have been something because that has never happened to me before and the timing is a bit odd.

I found my grandmother, dead, at around the same time the pats happened. I don't know..

Khaos

where the wild things are
So the hard pats happened to you three years ago when your grandmother died? Because in your original post, you stated that this has never happened to you before, until the two nights later, 3:45am incident.

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
48 hours past the original "give me a sign" is a ways out of the acceptable time frame... I'm sure you miss your grandmother, but unless it was accompanied by something else (like her appearing or something crazy like that), I'd say this is wishful thinking.

Wee

According to the Catholic religion, 3:00 am is known as the witching hour because of the correlation that Jesus Christ died on the cross at 3pm... AKA devils time: 3am. There are many theories about the 3 am hour from many different sources; however, all of them do ring with some truth. For some reason, 3am is the best time for spirits to interact with the living. So having something happen within that hour time frame, it could be possible.

I have and felt spirits touch me on occasion. Most of the time it involves my hair or something near/on my face. I was laying on the couch with my fiance about a month ago, watching TV. I was wearing my long bulky heart earrings, and I accused him of flicking my earring. It hit my cheek with a lot of force. He swore up and down he didn't touch me...and after thinking about it, I would have felt his arm move the way we were positioned. I occasionally feel something stroking/touching my hair too.

Now, being awoken out of sleep by something patting your leg, we can neither debunk or confirm this to be in fact a spiritual interaction, since we cannot confirm you were in a dream state. I've been in a half sleep/half dream state and swore up and down I see/hear/feel things happen. Most of the time, it is just our mind...although, dreams carry some form of paranormal interaction. I've been contacted by my aunt and grandfather through certain dreams/experiences to just say "Hey, I'm Okay."

I would think that your grandmother would give you a more definite sign that she was with you. Despite your religious affiliation, if she isn't trying to contact you, she is at peace. Most spirits contact loved ones for unfinished business or if they wish to pass on a message before being at peace. Restless spirits stick around, not the one's who have fulfilled their business. If you keep trying to reach out to her, you could bring something you do not want into your home. If she isn't trying to reach out to you, then take comfort in the fact that your grandmother is at peace. Once you accept this, you can move on...but please, don't engage in spiritual contact in the state you're in. Your state of mind is not safe, ESPECIALLY for spiritual contact. Sadness can bring about the darkness, and that is something not to mess with. It's harder to get rid of oppression. I know this from experience. Acceptance and your happiness is all your grandmother would want for you. Peace be with you love, I mean that sincerely.