Who Plays Guitar Here?

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I used to play the guitar a bit 4-5 years ago when I was still in school. That was purely a hobby and I learned everything I know by fooling around on my own. I play mostly (if not totally) by ear, I'm able to read tabs, but I have a hard time reading music sheets. I don't consider myself all that good at it, I'm mostly fooling around when I happen to play.

So I recently found out that my GF has this guitar her dad gave her a pretty long time ago, it's a pretty good one and it was never used because she never had the time to learn it. I'm thinking more and more of continuing to play this awesome instrument when time permits, especially since, like I said, she has a pretty good guitar.

Are some of you guys into music, do you know how to play the guitar? How good are you?

P.S. Guitar Hero doesn't count! ;)

BranPierce

I play guitar. I played in a band for several years and we toured around the Southeast, but eventually I got married and settled down lol Still got a couple of songs I created on my myspace page at myspace.com/bfpreturns

Himalayan Hermit

I have been playing 3 yrs..mostly into fingerpicking (acoustic/folk/classic rock/Indian music). Have also written and composed original songs (English, Hindi).

Are you looking to get back into playing?

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I think about it, but I wasn't really that good at all, it's a pure hobby. I play by ear, so I fool around a lot, I hardly play any song at all from beginning to end.

It's pretty cool you went as far as writing your own songs. :)

I didn't play for more than 3 years. I'm considering the possibility of getting back to it.

Himalayan Hermit

I think about it, but I wasn't really that good at all, it's a pure hobby. I play by ear, so I fool around a lot, I hardly play any song at all from beginning to end.

It's pretty cool you went as far as writing your own songs. :)

I didn't play for more than 3 years. I'm considering the possibility of getting back to it.
Think about a classical guitar. You can do much more with it.