Who was the man from Taured?

Himalayan Hermit

I would say this is my personal fav time travel legend/story/whatever. Would you like to share more on the relate piece?

Thelema

It's a fun story. I hate to be a wet blanket, but he (or whoever forged the passport) most likely just mispelled Taureg.

The notion that he "disappeared" (presumably back to his own dimension) isn't true. He spent a year in a Japanese prison for identity fraud (he tried to pass some bad checks, and the passport was determined to have faked stamps) and then was deported to Hong Kong upon release.

Himalayan Hermit

It's a fun story. I hate to be a wet blanket, but he (or whoever forged the passport) most likely just mispelled Taureg.

The notion that he "disappeared" (presumably back to his own dimension) isn't true. He spent a year in a Japanese prison for identity fraud (he tried to pass some bad checks, and the passport was determined to have faked stamps) and then was deported to Hong Kong upon release.
Taureg means nothing as far as I could find. Please clarify what you're referring to?

Also - source for your info on spending time with prison?

Thelema

It's actually spelled Taureg. It's an ethnic group in Africa. His passport claimed it was issued in Tamanrasset, the capital of "Taured." Tamanrasset is considered the chief city of the Taureg people. It's actually in Algeria. It's not too hard to see how this evolved.