Forum Game Who's still using Internet Explorer?

paradox404

I haven't used IE since I started using GNU/Linux. I know that IE is shipped with windows (It has deep roots in the system, that make/made it hard to remove.) and also that they have come under many Anti-Trust cases because of this. I think one of the most famous of these was Windows 95. There was also one with Windows 7, which for a brief time had a "Ballot Box", to comply with anti-trust demands, however this was quickly removed by SP1 'By accident'.

After switching to Firefox I haven't looked back!

decade_later

lol. Im on Firefox, think thats the best. Chrome used to do some odd stuff when I was listing hundreds of things on ebay each week! I have a Windows phone so Explorer is on that, or I can use Google's, but I don't like either lol

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I've been working for some time on a side project, creating a website theme. Everything was great, it looked really good, modern, it was fully responsive with nice fancy little details. I was about to submit my code online.

Then I thought "Hey, I didn't test it with IE, let's check it out!" (I'm on Linux)

Oh boy... It looked like shit. Everything was messed up. That's another reason why I love IE so much.

Internet Explorer: Making your websites look like shit since 1995"

paradox404

I always used to get viruses when I used Internet explorer, Ever since I started also using Firefox on my Windows machines I haven't got a single virus.

I guess we could use the analogy of web browsers being something that we might accidently walk into, Internet Explorer is very sharp and infected. (Your gunna get sick 100% guaranteed!)