12 Days of Hot Sauce Challenge

MODAT7

It was less hot than I expected, definitely no pain yet. But it was quite stingy. It'd sting pretty quickly as soon as I'd take a bite, both on the lips and on the tongue.
How are they so far compared to original Tobasco?

...and green jalapeno is actually in position 8 in your picture. :oops:

Num7

Administrator
Staff
How are they so far compared to original Tobasco?

...and green jalapeno is actually in position 8 in your picture. :oops:
Looks like I got confused at 6 and 7. I fixed these posts.

I don't have Tobasco right now, so I couldn't say. And I don't remember consuming any, in recent memory either. Can't relate.

Back a couple of years ago, the hottest thing I'd consume was Subway's banana peppers. It felt hot at first, but then I got used to them. They're pretty soft, as far as I know.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I'm about to consume a chicken sandwich with way too much green habanero hot sauce, which is #9. I was careful and only intended to pour a couple of drops here and there in the sandwich, but then a big gulp of sauce got out. Oops!

I'm about to take a large bite. Wish me luck!

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I'm surprised it didn't burn more. It was a very slow burn. It burned more after the sandwich than while eating it, which I didn't expect. No pain at all, it was pretty harmless for some reason.

20 minutes later and I still feel the heat. Nothing hardcore or painful, but it's quite noticeable.

I'll try it again on something else, as I'm pretty sure that sandwich wasn't a good fit for this sauce.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
So, I tried #9 green habanero a second time. This time, in Italian pasta. Now we're in business!!

Taste and smell were great, it's a good sauce. It was a little hot while eating the first half of my meal. Then the heat arrived. It wasn't a burn, but a pretty intense heat building up.

By the time I was done, it had me go "hooooo" a couple of time.

Again, no actual pain but a pretty medium to intense burn. That lasted up to 10 minutes after I was done eating.

This is the kind of sauce I bought this package for, I'm glad I got that high up the list. 🔥

Num7

Administrator
Staff
And now sauce #10, Cascabela.

I poured quite a bit of it on a piece of salmon. The entire thing was soaked in it, and there was a little puddle inside one of its curves.

Great smell and great taste. It didn't taste burned or anything.

The first bite was a little stingy. It came up surprisingly fast. But nothing much afterward. The following bites didn't feel hot. Over time, a small to medium heat built up in my mouth, but it wasn't very intense. It wasn't even as intense as #9, green habanero, to my surprise.

I didn't go hoooo! lol

Now, as I'm typing this 15 minutes later, I still feel a little heat in the front parts of my mouth. It's a good one, but not as hot as I expected.

The next stop is #11, red habanero. This one should kick my butt.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Okay, sauce #11, red habanero, is excellent. It's quite hot, but far from too hot. And it has an amazing flavor. I think it's my favorite up to now.

I've consumed it several times over the past week. So I think I'm ready for the last and hottest of all: Carolina Reaper.

I'm going to try it tonight with some fish and rice. I'll let you know how it went if I make it out alive! lol

Fire Breathing GIF

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Okay, it was very hot!

Right away, it was a tongue-burner. I felt the heat instantly in my mouth, especially on my tongue. Then my lips started burning as well after a few bites. I had to stop a couple of times to breathe here and there.

I ate some cheese, too, to give myself a chance at some point. I probably would have been okay without that cheese, but I figured I'd be careful.

Now, it's been at least 25 minutes since I finished my plate, and my lips are still burning and feeling numb. Not a painful burn, but, it's very noticeable.

The sauce itself had a great flavor, it tasted great. I thought it would taste like charcoal, but it didn't. It had an incredibly strong smell that stayed in the air even after consuming it. It's definitely up there in the top 3 of the best sauces that came in this kit.