12 Days of Hot Sauce Challenge

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Just went ahead and tried sauce #3, Cajun. It had an average smell and an average taste. Nothing strong in the flavor department. If I hadn't known, I probably wouldn't have guessed it was Cajun.

It's a little hotter than the 2 previous ones. Not instantly, but rather at the end of the meal and after. I finished about 5 minutes ago, and I still have a little, quiet heat on my lips. Doesn't hurt at all, it's chill. :)

Does it get hotter day by day?

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Does it get hotter day by day?
I'm still in the super sweet and harmless sauces, but as tiny as the burn is, yes, I'm seeing a little increase, from no burn at all to a tiny burn.

The next one is Wasabi, but I don't like sushi... so I might simply taste it quickly, and move up to the next...

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I tried the wasabi sauce and it tasted nasty. :sick: I skipped it. It was pretty hot though.

So, I went ahead and tried #5, mango. It was hotter than all the previous ones. I could feel a mild heat right away and until the end. It went away fast this time. As soon as I finished my last bite, the heat kind of went away.

Other than this mild heat, it was a pretty lame sauce, it didn't smell good and didn't taste good either. Not great.

The next one is Chipotle, I'm excited for this one! Should be good!

Num7

Administrator
Staff
The heat has arrived! Sauce #6, Chipotle, was stronger than the previous ones, it was also a slow burn. This is what I was hoping for!

Good smell, a little reminiscent of smokey BBQ sauce for some reason. My GF says it smells like an armpit. Weird. It smelled hotter than the previous ones. It didn't taste that much, but it was good.

At first, no heat at all. I was wondering if something was wrong. Then about a little past mid-meal, the heat started, an average one, nothing crazy. It doesn't actually hurt, but it's hot. And it kept going up until I finished my meal. Now I'm sitting on the couch, 10 minutes later, and a little bit of the heat is still there.

Nice! ♨️

Mayhem

Zenith
The heat has arrived! Sauce #6, Chipotle, was stronger than the previous ones, it was also a slow burn. This is what I was hoping for!

Good smell, a little reminiscent of smokey BBQ sauce for some reason. My GF says it smells like an armpit. Weird. It smelled hotter than the previous ones. It didn't taste that much, but it was good.

At first, no heat at all. I was wondering if something was wrong. Then about a little past mid-meal, the heat started, an average one, nothing crazy. It doesn't actually hurt, but it's hot. And it kept going up until I finished my meal. Now I'm sitting on the couch, 10 minutes later, and a little bit of the heat is still there.

Nice! ♨️
What did you eat it with?