12 Days of Hot Sauce Challenge

Wind7

Staff
The heat has arrived! Sauce #6, Chipotle, was stronger than the previous ones, it was also a slow burn. This is what I was hoping for!

Good smell, a little reminiscent of smokey BBQ sauce for some reason. My GF says it smells like an armpit. Weird. It smelled hotter than the previous ones. It didn't taste that much, but it was good.

At first, no heat at all. I was wondering if something was wrong. Then about a little past mid-meal, the heat started, an average one, nothing crazy. It doesn't actually hurt, but it's hot. And it kept going up until I finished my meal. Now I'm sitting on the couch, 10 minutes later, and a little bit of the heat is still there.

Nice! ♨️

This makes me hungry every time I read it, man. Lol!

Interested in what your reviews will be for the next 6. (y)

Great thread, BTW!
Been looking up L.A. Beast videos....The man is insane! :ROFLMAO:

Num7

Administrator
Staff
This makes me hungry every time I read it, man. Lol!

Interested in what your reviews will be for the next 6. (y)

Great thread, BTW!
Been looking up L.A. Beast videos....The man is insane! :ROFLMAO:
I should go ahead and try sauce #6 in the next couple of days. Didn't have anything that worked with hot sauce since last time.

Stay tuned! :)

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Alright, I tried sauce #7 tonight.

It smells great, it tastes great, but it's surprisingly not that hot.

I put it in a chicken sandwich with mayonnaise and cheese, maybe these ingredients killed the heat. Especially the cheese, now that I think about it...

I'll try it again, maybe tomorrow night, no cheese this time. 🤞

Last edited:

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Alright, I tried sauce #7 a second time in a chicken sandwich. This time, no cheese and more sauce.

It tasted great, it's hands down the best sauce yet. It was rather hot, but no pain. It was a slow burn that didn't start right away but lasted until about 5-10 after I was done consuming the sandwich. As I said, no pain, it was a satisfying burn, if I can say so. lol

On the other hand, I've got a slight stomach discomfort right now, that's not usual. I think I'm having a hard time digesting that hot sauce. Maybe it's something else... I might be wrong, but IMO, I don't think that sauce was hot enough to cause digestive distress.

To be continued!

Last edited:

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Okay, I tried sauce #8, green jalapeno tonight in yet another chicken sandwich. For the record, I don't have any chicken left. lol

It had a strong smell and a pretty strong taste, but not that good. It tasted okay.

It was less hot than I expected, definitely no pain yet. But it was quite stingy. It'd sting pretty quickly as soon as I'd take a bite, both on the lips and on the tongue. Then it'd go quiet until the next one. There was a little heat now and then, but it didn't build up much. I guess this one is the opposite of a slow burn.

For refence, here's the full lineup, outside of the box:

1698876061921.png

Last edited: