About the Multiverse

Brimstone

Re: About the Multiverse

Hmmm.... last night I kept thinking... How does the Multiverse know which path to follow? I mean, if we add another one and alter it, the Multiverse may not know the diffrence between this and the original Path and may follow the wrong one... Gotta study that... :)

m6scott

Now you got me thinking ? My question is what rules do these multiverse follow? Do they follow the laws of physics that we know or are there totally different set of rules that we humans will never understand. Next Question are there any rules to begin with ?We are always trying to fit the way things appear to be with our rules and understanding. What if it is not and wont be to our understanding til maybe an alien friend shows us the way.

fanavans

I have attached a diagram to help explain the following. It helps if you zoom on in.

I don't think that you jump into other universes when things happen. I do think that different things happen in different universes and I also beleive that to travel through time you MUST go into another universe.

Why must you go into another universe? See the green line in the diagram below. If you attemot to follow that line, you run into yourself. There is an insurmountable difficulty. The moment you try and travel back, you exist at every point you travel back to. But that means you are attempting to travel back to a place and time you already are - and since matter cannot occupy the same space and time, you cannot do it.

So you must try and travel into another universe. (Blue line). That path is possible, you go to another universe, spend some time there and come back to your own universe at the same time you left. Nothing has changed in that universe, accept you, who are a bit older.

The purple path is the interesting one. You can go to another universe, then time(universe?) travel back to yours. Once you are there, you spend time and cause all manner of trouble. You jump to another universe and then back to your time and universe. And things have changed inviting all manner of paradoxes.

And what's the point? Well, one, to elucidate the above. Two, to try and create a framework for analysis this whole multiverse stuff. I hope it helps!

Fanavans.

m6scott

Fanavans. How can we be sure you will return to your original time line ? How can you be sure you are in the same time line you left? Is there a way to tag the timeline ,universe you left? Also is it realistic to beleive these time machines can actually go to a specific time and place?

Omega

Keep it simple your getting mired down, keep it simple your on the right track.

fanavans

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"m6scott\")</div>
Fanavans. How can we be sure you will return to your original time line ? How can you be sure you are in the same time line you left? Is there a way to tag the timeline ,universe you left? Also is it realistic to beleive these time machines can actually go to a specific time and place?[/b]

M6scott,

I don't know. I don't know how realistic it is, and infact, I think it is unrealistic.

I am trying to flesh out some theory on it though; while leaving the practicalities aside. What I think my above post shows is that Unless there is a Multiverse, it is impossible to travel back it time (physically) to your own timeline/universe. I am thinking about the matter a bit more, and hope to do a big post on this in the next couple of weeks. The more I think about it, the more I think TT (physically, to the past) is impossible.

Fanavans.

fanavans

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"jafkol\")</div>
We look forward to hearing from the multiverse...
Please continue.[/b]

Jafkol,

I did in another thread, which I have abandoned for reasons I shan't disclose!

Fanavans

StarLord

Fanavan,

I am with you on this, I seriously doubt there's enough Pommes Frites in all of reality to go around to sustain all these multiple universes...

Maggot7

your wrong there are multiple universes I have travelled to some while astral projecting and also some different dimensions