About the Multiverse

jafkol

Re: About the Multiverse

I read several reports regarding to travel to parallel universes through astral projecting. I think it is an applied approach. Please provide us more information..

Alpha and 0mega

Everyone,the idea of multiverse is ridiculous!
Why do i say that?WEll i have recenty been trying to work out the theory on time,and i have found that multiverse is so very untrue. this theory of my will hopefully be able to explain everything from timetravelling,paradox to multiverse.
As for the release for this theory......it should be at the end of this week or next week(lastest time to release).
So sit back and relax.

fanavans

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"StarLord\")</div>
Fanavan,

I am with you on this, I seriously doubt there's enough Pommes Frites in all of reality to go around to sustain all these multiple universes...[/b]

StarLord
You have encouraged me and moreover, reminded me of a food I once loved, and shall eat again. For which I am greatful, and shall continue...
----

So let's talk about the multiverse - What exactly do we mean by that? Is there:

1. A finite number of universes which exist at any point in time?
2. An infinite number of universes which exist in any point in time?
3. An undefined number of universes, more of which are created when time travel occurs?
Or is it something else?

Dealing with 3 - Does this include when time dialation occurs? So that when I get off the red eye flight I am in a different universe?

Or does it only happen when a paradox occurs? So I go to the past and kill the amobia that is my biological descendant. (yes its true, I am not an advanced creature) The Multiverse then accomodates me by creating a whole new universe (All the matter, the forces, the history) to ensure that I in a different place.

Come on! Does it really do this without violating the laws of thermodynamics (Which were famously summed up for me in the phrase - "You can't stop rust")? Or even if you don't accept these laws (which I hold out is possible) Does some force create a whole universe for me? Anyone wanna tell me How this is possible?

Dealing with 1. Let's say there is a multiverse, and it contains, oh 1 million other universes. I travel back in time. I kill my agnate amobia. I am ok because I have travelled into another universe. So far so good. What if I do it 1 million times? Or if a million people do it? Or a billion? At what point does our finite multiverse run out of universes to serve our time travelling amobicide?

Dealing with 2. Ah you say, but what if there are an infinite number of universes? To which I am Very tempted to leave my response to "prove it." But ok, Which cardinal infinity are we talking about? (C.f. http://www.paranormalnetwork.net/showthread.php?t=827 )
Are there are an infinite amount of time travellers travelling to an infinite amount of universes doing an infinite amount of things which require them to be in an infinite amount of other universes? Or is TT limited for whatever reason to a select few? I invite submissions as to why the latter should be the case in an infinite multiverse. As to the former, in what way is it consistent with an ordered universe, The ordered universe in which we are blessed to find ourselves existing?

Something else?
Maybe. Maybe astrally there are other places to go. Maybe the gods of quantum mechanics can tell us something. I may address these later if my mind recovers from this post. Maybe there are other possibilities to the physical universes elucidated above which i have not canvassed - I don't know.

My question is - and I by no means emphatically claim that all of the above is anything more then an opinion - Ar the options canvassed above what we are talking about when we say multiverse & does anyone dispute the above & how? (Yes, it is 3 in 1 question time)

Maggot7

No it isn't look up astral projection it talks about traveling to different univereses and dimensions not everyone lives on the earth there are people who live in different worlds dimensions and univereses

fanavans

Maggot,
I accept the possibility of astal projection, and indeed, astral time travel. If pressed, I would probably lean to its existence.

What I am arguing against is the possibility that other *physical realms* exit outside the universe. If these realms appear physical in the course of astral travel, and they may or may not, I don't know, then I would argue it is because we imagine them to be so in order to aid our perception. Think of images one sees in a dream.

Fanavans.

Maggot7

Hey man all I can say is try astral projecting because that might be your only proof but astral projection is very hard to do

Brimstone

Well, damn. I never guessed it would go this far. But anyway... The multiverse thing was just an idea. Fanavans, I appreciate your involvement in this discussion and your clear thinking. :p

fanavans

Thanks Brimstone, I didn't mean to razz you. I hope you have not been discouraged, I kinda liked your thinking on the whole multiverse thing and your diagrams inspired me.

Is it possible to apply your theory, and moreover your approach to understanding or postulating what will happen in the future to a single universe universe? (For lack of a better way to describe it)

Fanavans

Steve (Sidsoft)

Dear Brimstone:
I accept many of your ideas about time lines and have a point to make. If you write down 10 important months/years for world wide events (9/11 , Bush 2000, Blair 2001 etc) then on some other time line the person will be writing (9/12 , Bush 2000, Blair 2005 etc). The divergance could be calculated (JT = 2.5%).

My problem is if we manage to shift time lines we lose our old memory and suddenly get our the current ones for that time line.

I believe the solution is to find a way that a computer can be programmed to somehow ALWAYS keep data safe as you move into a new time line. Also I need ideas about using the Bible - constant in each world - and somehow I think Egypt fits into this.

Any ideas

Regards [email protected]