Building a HDR vs Gibbs Unit

FarOutThere

Hi Chrononerds,

Is there any reason why building a HDR carefully with the information available would result in a HDR unit that was notably inferior to one made by Gibbs himself?

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Yes. The electromagnet cannot be made anymore. The core has to be made with a pure iron core. Pure iron is no longer made in the US. Using standard steel or even pig iron results in an electromagnet that rapidly overheats.

FarOutThere

Yes. The electromagnet cannot be made anymore. The core has to be made with a pure iron core. Pure iron is no longer made in the US. Using standard steel or even pig iron results in an electromagnet that rapidly overheats.

That sounds like good information to know.

So how does Gibbs source his pure iron cores?

I would also be interested to know why you think the pure iron is important, is it only a thermal issue?

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I don't know where Gibbs sources his iron core. Pure iron makes a bigger magnetic field. Any other material alloyed with the iron will impede the magnetic field size. Also my HDR never allowed me to time travel. Of course it wasn't made by Gibbs.

steven chiverton

dont worry about the iron core electromagnet i brought an iron bar and it dident work well for the electromagnet just a mild steel bar will do and dont use 1 inch diameter bars for your electromagnet go to 2 inches it can run for more than an hour and not get hot my electromagnet design is 2 inches in diameter and for the coil and layers its great use high temperature polyimide kapton tape a few layers between each winding and at the end to before you then put a few layers of high temperature silicone tape over it then you will have a better electromagnet that the gibbs version which some people have claimed to have overheating problems use 7 layers of 21awg and you can even go to 7.5 layers in reference to the 7.5 hertz schumann resonance

steven chiverton

ive biult 7 electromagnets using the 1 inch diameter core as recommended and they all got hot on our power of 240vac at 50 hertz and even when i got the australian to america converter they still got to hot till i designed a electromagnet with a 2 inch diameter core

TimeFlipper

ive biult 7 electromagnets using the 1 inch diameter core as recommended and they all got hot on our power of 240vac at 50 hertz and even when i got the australian to america converter they still got to hot till i designed a electromagnet with a 2 inch diameter core

Maybe the reason why you have not Time-Travelled with the HDR cobber, is because the Time-Travel Agency (TTA) dont allow Australian time travellers ;) :D..

steven chiverton

i just somehow held back and did not do a full test which is try out the rubbing plate and wear the time coils etc etc maybe when i find a reason to actually go time traveling id give it a go

Mayhem

Zenith
Build me one steve, send me the whole cost$$$ , a lot easier then getting it from the usa through customs here.